Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Religious Discussions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=485)
-   -   Here's the proof you asked for (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=253353)

• Aug 26, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Galveston1
    Here's the proof you asked for
    PROPHECY PROOF OF BIBLE

Prophecy Fulfillment Prophecy Fulfillment
    (1). Gen 3:15 (virgin birth) Mat 1:20 (2). Isa 11:1 (descendent of Jesse) Mt 1:1-16
    (3). Micah 5:2 (place of birth) Lu 2:15,16 (4). Jer 31:15 (Herod's attempt) Mt 2:16
    (5). Isa 42:1 (ministry area) Mt 4:13-15 (6). Zech 9:9 (grand entry) Lu 19:30-35
    (7). Ps 41:9 (Judas' betrayal) John 13:18 (8). Zech 11:12 (betrayal price) Mt 26:15
    (9). Zech 11:13 (money for field) Mt 27:9,10 (10). Gen 3:15 (“heel” bruised) John 19:18
    (11). Isa 53:3 (Jesus rejected) John 1:11 (12). Ps 2:2 (council against Jesus) Mk 15:1
    (13). Zech 13:7 (arrest, deserted) Mk 14:27,50 (14). Isa 53:8 (unfair trial) Mk 15:1-25
    (15). Ps 35:11 (perjured witnesses) Mk 14:56-59 (16). Isa 53:5,6,10 (our penalty) Rom 5:6,8
    (17). Ps 69:19 (Jesus mocked) Mt. 27:28,29 (18). Isa 50:6 (beaten, spit on) Mt. 26:67

(19). Isa 53:7 (no defense offered) Mt 26:62,63 & Mt 27: 13,14
    (20). Isa 53:12 (with transgressors) Mk 15:27,28
    (21). Ps 22:16 (hands, feet pierced) Jn 19:18 (22). Ps 22:1 (cry to Father) Mt 26:46
    (23). Ps 38:11 (friends view) Lu 23:49 (24). Ps. 22:18 (gambling, clothes) Mt 27:35
    (25). Ps 22:6,7,8 (reproached) Mt 27:39-44 (26). Ps. 69:21 (gall, vinegar) Mt 27:34
    (27). 109:25 (enemies shake heads) Mt 27:29 (28). Ps 22:17 (watch Him die) Mt 27:36
    (29). Ps 31:5 (He yields spirit) Lu 23:46 (30). Zech 12:10 (side pierced) Jn 19:34

(31). Ex 12:46, Ps 34:20 (no bones broken) John 19:32,33,36

(32). Amos 8:9 (sun darkened) Mt 27:45 (33). Isa 53:9 (rich man's tomb) Mt 27:57-60

All above prophecies are from the Old Testament
    Additionally, Jesus made some prophecies about Himself.

Mt 20:18,19 Eight separate details
    1. I will be betrayed at Jerusalem.
    2. I will be betrayed to the chief priests and scribes.
    3. The priests and scribes will condemn me to death.
    4. The priests and scribes will deliver me to the Romans. (gentiles)
    5. The Romans will mock me.
    6. The Romans will scourge me.
    7. The Romans will crucify me.
    8. I will rise from the dead on the third day.

The 33 details from the Old Testament plus the 8 details that Jesus gave in the New Testament make a total of 41 definite events perfectly fulfilled.

Only the one true God knows the future, and He had it written down so that you would believe.

Now, if one of you math hounds will compute the odds against all these things happening to one life, please post it so that everyone can see just how absured it is to think that these things happened by chance.
  • Aug 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
    N0help4u
    There's over 300
    Tenakh/Hebrew Scriptures
  • Aug 26, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Credendovidis
    How to make your prophecies come true...

1 - Refrain from including specific points, actions, facts
    2 - Predict Something That Has Already Happened
    3 - Predict Something That is Very Likely to Happen
    4 - Make Such a Large Number of Prophecies That Some are Likely to be Fulfilled
    5 - Make Such a Vague Prediction That Almost Anything Could Fulfill it
    6 - Make your prophecies self-fulfilling
    7 - Predict Something You Have the Power to Make Happen
    8 - Make Predictions That can Never be Checked
    9 - Falsify Events to Make it Appear Your Prophecy Has Been Fulfilled
    10-Claim the Events Fulfil a Prophecy Even When They Don't
    11-Have Knowledge of Future Events

:)
  • Aug 26, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Galveston1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    How to make your prophecies come true ....

Did you even bother to read the references? I didn't think so!
  • Aug 26, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Galveston1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by N0help4u
    There's over 300
    Tenakh/Hebrew Scriptures

Even better! What would that make the odds?
  • Aug 26, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    And of course people I could have done a prophecy on Cred saying that?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 01:50 AM
    Credendovidis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    And of course people I could have done a prophacy on Cred saying that ??

Yes you could have done that. But you did not.
    That makes your reaction a prophesy as per #2 of my "How to make your prophecies come true" list.

:>)

• Aug 27, 2008, 03:06 AM
    michealb
    I am going to go downstairs and get a coke. This I have foreseen.
    I am also going to go and raise the dead. This I have foreseen.
  • Aug 27, 2008, 03:22 AM
    michealb
    I now offer proof of my ability to know the future.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/...7ac6de1681.jpg
    Now that I have fulfilled the prophecies and only god can know the future. It means I am god and as god my word can not be doubted. Go and spread the gospel of my abilities.
  • Aug 27, 2008, 03:37 AM
    NeedKarma
    So Nostradamus is a prophet/god?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Galveston1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    How to make your prophecies come true ....

All these objections are valid if you are talking about Nostradamus or some psychic. They simply do not relate to references I gave.

And what an amazingly fast study you are! From the time I posted until your reply was a whole hour and 23 minutes, during which time you found my post, looked up the passages,(all 68 of them) formulated your reply and posted. Amazing!

You have lost all your cred-ability. (Pun intended)

Actually, your #11 is the ONLY one applicable. Who knows future events other than the One and Only God?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Galveston1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    So Nostradamus is a prophet/god?

Absured! What I have read of Nostradamus falls under the category of being so vague that anything can be assumed, according to your own imaginatioin.

Just try reading the references, then maybe you can make an intelligent contribution to this discussion.

You DO know how to find scriptures in the Bible, right?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 12:48 PM
    wildandblue
    Quote:

Originally Posted by michealb
    I am going to go downstairs and get a coke. This I have foreseen.
    I am also going to go and raise the dead. This I have foreseen.

You're planning to wake the dead? Glad I don't live next door to you, pal Ahh, peace and quiet... Say Credo, DEMENSIA RULES!! :p
  • Aug 27, 2008, 12:54 PM
    wildandblue
    The whole Bible traces the lineage of Jesus, who was from the line of David, born in David's home town of Bethlehem Ephrata. Other people are in there, but they gradually fall by the wayside as the story unfolds--the garden, the promise to Noah, the promise to Abram the promise to Moses, the Promised land, the Covenant and then the New Covenant. Even the book of Ruth, Ruth and Boaz were some of his ancestors. I mean why else would we be reading about them?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Absured! What I have read of Nostradamus falls under the category of being so vague that anything can be assumed, according to your own imaginatioin.

Just try reading the references, then maybe you can make an intelligent contribution to this discussion.

You DO know how to find scriptures in the Bible, right?

Wow, you are one condescending christian.
  • Aug 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
    michealb
    All right I'll actually give a real answer to why we don't see this as proof.

1. You have to prove it with multiple sources that the event actually happened.
    2. You have to prove with multiple sources that the prophecies were written before not during or after the event.
    3. You have to prove that wording was specific enough that it doesn't fall under interpretation
    4. You have to prove that the events were not something the writers had control over. (IE I can't write a prophecy that I'm going to go to jail and then rob a bank, anyone can do that it's not a big deal.)

If you can do all 4 of those for even one of those you might have something there but I don't think you can.
  • Aug 27, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Galveston1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by michealb
    Alright I'll actually give a real answer to why we don't see this as proof.

1. You have to prove it with multiple sources that the event actually happened.
    2. You have to prove with multiple sources that the prophecies were written before not during or after the event.
    3. You have to prove that wording was specific enough that it doesn't fall under interpretation
    4. You have to prove that the events were not something the writers had control over. (IE I can't write a prophecy that I'm going to go to jail and then rob a bank, anyone can do that it's not a big deal.)

If you can do all 4 of those for even one of those you might have something there but I don't think you can.

All that you require was done years ago. When men were assembling the writings into one volume they questioned everything, they asked the questions you are asking now. You need to study where and how the Bible came into existence. If you choose to reject the careful work of true scholars, then I certainly can't help you.

P.S. Why is it that you accept writings of, say, Homer, Socrates, or some other ancient but refuse to accept the writings of Moses, Isaiah, David, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Paul?
    What "outside sources" do the ancient Greek writings have to validate them?

I suspect that you also have not bothered to read the references.
  • Aug 27, 2008, 02:26 PM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Can you put them all in this thread please?
  • Aug 27, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Capuchin
    Quote:

All that you require was done years ago. When men were assembling the writings into one volume they questioned everything, they asked the questions you are asking now. You need to study where and how the Bible came into existence. If you choose to reject the careful work of true scholars, then I certainly can't help you.

P.S. Why is it that you accept writings of, say, Homer, Socrates, or some other ancient but refuse to accept the writings of Moses, Isaiah, David, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Paul?
    What "outside sources" do the ancient Greek writings have to validate them?

The greatest works of Homer and Socrates did not deal with historical fact. If the point of your question is to ask if I have any problems with Moses, Isaiah, David, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Paul writing works of fiction, philosophy, or even (dare I say it.. ) myth, then no, I do not.
  • Aug 27, 2008, 02:57 PM
    michealb
    If this was all done it should be handy for someone like you to point it out to us.

Quote:

Why is it that you accept writings of, say, Homer, Socrates, or some other ancient
    I don't, never will you see me talking about how I think Atlantis is real. Unless we found good outside evidence that backs up his account. I think ancient people told good stories and somewhere down the line one generation forgot to tell the next that these were just stories.