Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Addictions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415)
-   -   Pass EtG test 40 or so hours after drinking wine (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=680697)

• Jul 9, 2012, 12:16 PM
    wine o 17
    Pass EtG test 40 or so hours after drinking wine
    150 pound female.
    5 glasses of wine over 4 hours on Saturday night, stopping around midnight
    Not alcohol for about 3 weeks prior to that.
    Test is today (Monday) around 6pm.
    I am chugging water for 2 days now! Any chance I'll pass?
  • Jul 9, 2012, 02:15 PM
    DrBill100
    5 glasses of wine usually equates to one bottle. Is that about right? If more please advise.

The time span you list is approximately 42 hours? Given the amount, rate of consumption, time interval and other circumstances it is very possible that EtG will not be detected. However you are playing it way too close but the odds are in your favor (so to speak).

Please advise of your results and if possible the cutoff used. You are in an interesting time zone. Thanks.
  • Jul 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
    wine o 17
    Thank you for the response. I did take the test after speaking with several people in my group who have passed it after drinking a lot more, a lot closer in time to the test. I had drank so much water that urine was clear. Fingers crossed! I should find out Wednesday.

Is the time zone off? I'm in Mass (EST). It's 10pm now.
  • Jul 9, 2012, 07:37 PM
    DrBill100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wine o 17 View Post
    Thank you for the response. I did take the test after speaking with several people in my group who have passed it after drinking a lot more, a lot closer in time to the test. I had drank so much water that urine was clear. Fingers crossed! I should find out Wednesday.

Is the time zone off? I'm in Mass (EST). It's 10pm now.

Don't understand your last question re: time zone. Please clarify. Suspect I erred by interposing ambiguous terminology.

However I am so very interested in the highlighted [by me] parts of your response. That is to say the interpersonal interchange of information in regard to this test... what others told you... how you responded to that advice.

I understand that this may not seem important to you but it is critical to the validity of EtG testing.
  • Jul 15, 2012, 07:36 PM
    wine o 17
    Update: I passed! Their cutoff is zero, so there was no trace at all. That being said... I will NEVER risk that again!! No drink is worth the stress!
  • Jul 15, 2012, 08:14 PM
    DrBill100
    Thanks for reporting your results.

Someone is fibbing to you about a zero cutoff. Can't be done. On a negative the lowest possible would be 80 ng/mL being a 100 cutoff at +/- 20%.
  • Aug 13, 2012, 11:24 AM
    Charlie1121
    Hey Dr.Bill,

If I had approx 3 beers 4 shots of tequila and 2 glasses of wine and I stopped drinking around 10pm on Sunday, will there be any trace of ethanol in my urine if I took a urine test on Friday around 11am?
  • Aug 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
    DrBill100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie1121 View Post
    Hey Dr.Bill,

If I had approx 3 beers 4 shots of tequila and 2 glasses of wine and i stopped drinking around 10pm on Sunday, will there be any trace of ethanol in my urine if I took a urine test on Friday around 11am?

No sir! All of the EtG from that drinking will be gone.
  • Aug 13, 2012, 11:34 AM
    Charlie1121
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    No sir! All of the EtG from that drinking will be gone.

Thank you for the quick response Dr. Bill! Much appreciated
  • Sep 7, 2012, 12:19 PM
    zippity101
    Hey Dr. Bill

I am a 130lb male. I drank three beers with a percentage of 4.7 of alcohol around 7 to 8pm on Thursday. Will I pass if I take a test on Monday morning around 9 am?
  • Sep 7, 2012, 12:29 PM
    DrBill100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zippity101 View Post
    hey Dr. Bill

i am a 130lb male. i drank three beers with a percentage of 4.7 of alcohol around 7 to 8pm on thursday. will i pass if i take a test on monday morning around 9 am?

Clearance time for EtG from 3 beers would be under 48 hours.

Wojcik & Hawthorne, 2007
  • Sep 7, 2012, 12:32 PM
    zippity101
    Thanks for your response
  • Dec 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
    jillian87
    Dr. Bill,

If I drink 2 bottles of white wine on Thursday night (last drink around 4am on Friday morning), would I be able to pass an EtG test on Monday morning at 8am, or would that be cutting it too close?

I rarely ever drink anymore, but my friends are celebrating tonight and I'd like to join in if possible. I am not on probation or anything like that, but I do get randomly tested for my job. The earliest possible time I could be asked to test is first thing Monday morning.

Thanks in advance!

Jillian