Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Forensic Science (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Will a half of beer be out of my system in 22 hrs to take EtG test (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=644496)

• Mar 19, 2012, 12:40 AM
    leest4eva
    Will a half of beer be out of my system in 22 hrs to take EtG test
    I am 165lbs very active 31 yrsold 6foot one
  • Mar 19, 2012, 02:32 AM
    DrBill100
    The limited amount of testing performed on small amounts of alcohol and EtG indicates 1 beer clearing in about 18 hours.*

However, the variation in metabolism from one individual to another as well as interindivdual variance in EtG production disallows any generalization of those results.

EtG cannot be predicted anywhere near that level of precision.

Ref.

Tox News
  • Mar 19, 2012, 05:36 AM
    leest4eva
    @dr bill I had drank like two gallons of water and pissed a whole lot it was only a natural light wich contains 4.5% and it really wasn't &half just a good gulp... nervous wreck...
  • Mar 19, 2012, 07:00 AM
    DrBill100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leest4eva View Post
    @dr bill I had drank like two gallons of water and pissed a whole lot it was only a natural light wich contains 4.5% and it really wasn't &half just a good gulp...nervous wreck...

The smaller the amount... the greater the chance it will be eliminated. Smaller amounts of alcohol have more test results, to demonstrate that incidental exposure will not register at 24 hours.(1, 2)

All of the test data shows that you will not have EtG at 22 hours from very low intake. Probably if EtG was present it would not rise to the level of detection (cutoff), and that's particularly true if the cutoff is 500 ng. Following the test data EtG should have been eliminated within 7-12 hours (1).

My point is that the test is erratic as commercially used... the research is sparse and these time lines are known to vary from one individual to another.

As example, the promotional literature states that even small amounts of alcohol can be detected for 120 hours (Wurst, 2002; Skipper, 2004) while another body of evidence (noted below) states that small amounts are detectable for a period of only 5-21 hours. Every elimination test, to date, ever conducted has found wide "interindividual and intraindividual variation" in EtG measured.

The data is conflicting and disallows prediction except in a broad range. But to date, a single full drink (13.7 g) has not been detected for more than 20.6 hours. So you should be safe.

Please confirm after obtaining the results.

1) Musshoff
    2) Thierauf
  • Mar 19, 2012, 08:27 AM
    leest4eva
    OK thanks I will up date and let everyone know as soon as I get my,results
  • Mar 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
    leest4eva
    OK so I got my results in... and I'm good I passed whew!!
  • Mar 22, 2012, 08:32 PM
    DrBill100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leest4eva View Post
    ok so I got my results in ......and im good I passed whew!!!!!

Thanks for reporting your results.

Would you know the cutoff of the test?
  • Nov 18, 2012, 03:40 PM
    brandnew1104
    Dr. Bill.
    I drank one beer, a corona extra to be exact. And had a EtG test in the lab 12 hours later. What do you think the results will be? I drank a lot of water, and orange juice two hours prior to the testing and I'm almost positive my test was diltuded. My urine was crystal clear. Can you still detect alcohol in diltution?