Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Video of Tea Party Tax Day protest (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=466344)

• Apr 22, 2010, 09:07 AM
    NeedKarma
    Video of Tea Party Tax Day protest
  • Apr 22, 2010, 09:32 AM
    spitvenom

Tom was that you at 5:14 in the video. He used your line that you have never worked for a poor person!! Glen Beck is very educational BWHAHAHAHAHA!
  • Apr 22, 2010, 09:53 AM
    speechlesstx

Racists bastards.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 09:55 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Racists bastards.

Probably that too but it was hard to tell, they are certainly ignorant that's for sure.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 10:17 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Probably that too

Was that bait tasty? You have nothing to base that on, NK.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 10:23 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Was that bait tasty? You have nothing to base that on, NK.

You said it not me:
    Quote:

Racists bastards.

You back it up.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 10:31 AM
    tomder55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Tom was that you at 5:14 in the video. he used your line that you have never worked for a poor person!!!!

Thanks for giving me cred . But that is a truism that is ageless and I can't take credit for.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 10:31 AM
    speechlesstx

Start making sense, NK. Turn your sarcasm detector on - if you have one.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 10:44 AM
    speechlesstx

OK, you want ignorant protesters? Thousands showed up in Springfield, IL to march and chant, "Raise my taxes! Raise my taxes! Raise my taxes!"

I say give 'em what they want. Raise THEIR taxes.

Almost forgot the link.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:08 AM
    spitvenom

Speech why are they Ignorant? They don't want budget cuts and they know taxes need to be increased so budget cuts don't happen so logically they want their taxes raised. I would call them ignorant if they didn't want budget cuts but didn't want to increase taxes.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:08 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

OK, you want ignorant protesters? Thousands showed up in Springfield, IL to march and chant, "Raise my taxes! Raise my taxes! Raise my taxes!"

I say give 'em what they want. Raise THEIR taxes.

Almost forgot the link.

I went to the link, looked at the pictures and saw no ignorant people as compared to the tea party people in the video. The Illinois people have a goal: to protect their school system. To you that's ignorant, I'm pretty certain you don't value education.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:11 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

The Illinois people have a goal: to protect their school system. To you that's ignorant, I'm pretty certain you don't value education.

You're pretty certain about a lot of things concerning me, dead wrong but "pretty certain" you're right. Would that make you ignorant?
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:12 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

You're pretty certain about a lot of things concerning me, dead wrong but "pretty certain" you're right. Would that make you ignorant?

I must be since I don't understand what you said there. :)
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:23 AM
    speechlesstx

Spit, they're ignorant of they think the state of Illinois can simply raise taxes enough to solve their near bankrupt state. They're ignorant if they think giving more money to the government is going to mean anything other than more government growth. I think it's a pretty ignorant thing to ask the government to raise my taxes, especially in this economy.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:24 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

I must be since I don't understand what you said there. :)

All you need to know is "dead wrong."
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:26 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

All you need to know is "dead wrong."

Ok, thanks.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:35 AM
    speechlesstx

Always glad to help.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 11:49 AM
    NeedKarma
    Good luck with your tea party people.
  • Apr 22, 2010, 02:08 PM
    speechlesstx
    These are the kind of "tea party people" I can relate to:

• Apr 22, 2010, 03:04 PM
    cdad
    Quote:

I went to the link, looked at the pictures and saw no ignorant people as compared to the tea party people in the video. The Illinois people have a goal: to protect their school system. To you that's ignorant, I'm pretty certain you don't value education.

Hmm. I guess I missed something on the article that went with it.

SPRINGFIELD --- Thousands of protesters bused down by labor unions and social service advocates rallied at the Capitol today in an attempt to pressure state lawmakers into raising the income tax to avoid more budget cuts.

Somehow I didn't read teachers into the beginning lines of the story. Looks like all they are fighting about is a raise.