Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Arts & Leisure (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Want to sell a cool non-alcohol drink to restaurants (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=717689)

• Nov 18, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Bessy1971
    Want to sell a cool non-alcohol drink to restaurants
    Hi,

My name is Bessy and I am from El Salvador but live in Canada. People from Central America, have enjoy this cool non-alcoholic drink that is call 'Cola Champagne', it is very tasty and I would like to offer it to restaurants.
    I would take a sample of the drink to various restaurants' managers to taste if they like it.

I would like some help in writing a letter to restaurants.

Thank you,

Bessy
  • Nov 18, 2012, 06:35 AM
    cdad
    Do you have a patent on this product? If not then you could be headed for disater. You need to protect yourself. You may need to copyright the formula so no one can steal it from you. What is to stop them from making it on their own ?
  • Nov 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Do you have a kitchen that will pass code to make it in. Is the product passed the food and drug inspection. Is the package meeting all the disclosure laws and product laws.
    Do you have product liability insranceu
  • Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 AM
    Bessy1971
    Hi,

Thank you for the answers. This drink comes already in a bottle, I just have to go the store where it is sold and buy some. No special kitchen needed because I don't make the product.

It is sold in Canada so I am sure the package has met all the disclosure laws and product laws.

Why do I need product liability insurance? I don't own a business, like I said, I just go to the store where the product is sold and buy some.
  • Nov 19, 2012, 12:33 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bessy1971 View Post
    Thank you for the answers. This drink comes already in a bottle, I just have to go the store where it is sold and buy some. No special kitchen needed because I don't make the product.

It is sold in Canada so I am sure the package has met all the disclosure laws and product laws.

Why do I need product liability insurance? I don't own a business, like I said, I just go to the store where the product is sold and buy some.

So you plan to buy bottles of this and sell them at a higher price so you get profit?

Does the company that makes this product know you are going to do this?
  • Nov 19, 2012, 05:17 AM
    joypulv
    Restaurants get all their food at a discount. They won't pay you going retail rate plus your profit! If they drink it and like it, they will just order it from the distributor. If you want to be a middleman, you need to contact the distributor to order it wholesale in large enough quantity to get the discount. If you don't know who that is, ask a store that sells it, and if they won't tell you, contact the manufacturer.
    Business is a lot more work than I think you are prepared for.
  • Nov 19, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Yes, most products will be bought at about 30 to 40 percent less than retail though the wholesale company. As noted, you will have to become a wholesaler and buy it in bulk and sell it at about 30 percent less than it sells for in the retail store.