Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=353)
-   -   How to lose weight (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=811815)

• May 14, 2015, 11:20 PM
    Gabby McCrory
    How to lose weight
    How can I lose weight at the age tweleve and overweight I am lazy but I try hard to try to lose weight but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
  • May 14, 2015, 11:22 PM
    Curlyben
    Proper diet and exercise are the only surefire methods.
  • May 14, 2015, 11:24 PM
    Gabby McCrory
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Proper diet and exercise are the only surefire methods.

That's all I need to do really is just to have a proper diet and exercise will help a girl who is 199 pounds
  • May 14, 2015, 11:34 PM
    joypulv
    Proper diet means you have to eat less, and the food you do eat has to be healthy, especially because you are eating less!

I just lost 7 lbs easily by cutting out sweets and eating smaller meals.
  • May 15, 2015, 01:08 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Proper diet and exercise is all there is. But you have to do it. If lazy, there is a problem. You need to start doing perhaps walking, and see about some workout program. Also cut out fast foods, and try to eat more veggies. A balanced meal.
  • May 15, 2015, 07:38 AM
    CravenMorhead
    At age 12 though you're going to need help from your doctor. You're still growing in body and mind and if you restrict your diet too much or develop a deficency then you could be hamper your grown and development into adulthood.

As was said you need a proper diet. What this is so general that it baffles many, many people. Paleo, south beach, atkins, grapefruit, diets are all fine and good, but who's right? The key is all them, save for the grapefruit diet that one is just dumb, and none of them. You need to make sure that you're getting all your proper vitamins and that you're also getting all the calories/protein/carbs that you need for your age. As well you should look at the major offends in your life, simple carbohydrates are a major example. When you have a soda, the sugar just flies into your system, it will cause a insulin response, and it will be packed away quickly as fat. When you have something like pasta or meat where the carbs are complex, the sugar hits your system at a slow and controlled rate. The body uses it instead of just storing it.

Your body has a man directive. Live. When it sees a wealth of resources it will pack it way because it is never sure when the next meal will be. Even though it will be in 4-8 hours, our body doesn't know that. Healthy eating is easy and complex at the same time.

The exercise thing you'll need to start slowly. If you jump right into it, you'll hurt, be discouraged, and quit. Start simple. Walk more. Take the stairs. Participate more in gym. If you're on your computer/tablet/tv a lot. Turn it off and go for a walk. Gradually move up to more rigorous exercise.

The last piece of advice I have here is use a tape measure. Look at your body and record measurements of it. This is what you go by when you're losing weight. Have a rough goal, i.e. 3" off of each arm and thigh, 6" off waist, and 3" off the chest and don't use the scale. Scales don't tell the full story. They report how well of a job that gravity is doing, not your general health. By eating better and exercising you're going to lose fat and gain muscle. You'll have days where you will gain weight and this isn't because you're getting fatter but because you're getting more muscle mass. Muscle is much denser then fat. So you could lose 2" off your waist and gain 2lbs which would translate to a lose of 2lbs of fat but a gain of 4lbs of muscle mass.

Do it slowly and do it smartly, you're not losing weight but bettering your body management.