Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dating (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   Why doesn't he pick up my phone calls? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=117039)

• Aug 6, 2007, 10:28 AM
    LIZ2007
    Why doesn't he pick up my phone calls?
    I went out with this real cool guy... At first he didn't seem like my type of guy... so weird... He isn't that good looking but something about him made me feel great...

We went out to a movie and when he dropped me off we kissed... I tought it had gone great... although I kept playing hard to get I eventually gave in to the kiss...

I really had a great time but its been about 5 days since the date and haven't rcvd a call from him yet...

My friends say he probably is dating someone else... what should I do??

Should I just wait for his call??

Or should I just give up??
  • Aug 6, 2007, 10:29 AM
    J_9
    Time to just give up. If he calls GREAT, if he doesn't well you don't have much invested in the relationship, actually there isn't a relationship yet, so time to say you had a great date and move on.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 10:46 AM
    tormanatort
    Go to his house and see for yourself
  • Aug 6, 2007, 10:53 AM
    J_9
    From my understanding this was just one date. By continuously calling him, and worse yet, going to his house, you are being WAY too needy.

Men don't like that.

He hasn't answered your calls, stop calling give him time to call you back. Whatever you do DO NOT go over to his house. You are probably scaring the pants off him by calling.

Leave him alone, give him a chance to call you. If he does great, if he doesn't it was just one date, not a relationship.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
    renia
    Well I don't understand why u think it was all right wait by the phone all day like some love sick puppy... more fish in the sea... anyway just relax and
  • Aug 6, 2007, 12:22 PM
    GlindaofOz
    If a guy doesn't call within 72 hours its time to move on after a first date.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 01:43 PM
    LIZ2007
    I actually have called him and we have quick conversations... yesterday he said let me call you back... who knows... but about going to his house... no I haven't...

I just feel like he probably didn't like me...

But then again he was the one who took initiative and ask for a kiss...
  • Aug 6, 2007, 01:48 PM
    J_9
    Leave him alone now. Let him call you. If he doesn't so what, it's not a relationship yet or anything.

Don't be needy, clingy, men don't like that.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 02:08 PM
    nicespringgirl
    DON'T CALL, U will scare him away.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 02:14 PM
    kristynn
    Go find yourself another date who has some basic knowledge on dating etiquette and bothers to give you a call after a first date.

Don't call him, don't go to his house and most of all, don't wait for the phone to ring, hoping it's him. He's not worth it.

Too bad his mama didn't teach him some useful good manners.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
    kristynn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kristynn
    Comments on this post
    LIZ2007 agrees: BECAUSE I ACTUALLY FELT LIKE HE COULD HAVE ATLEAST CALL AND SAID HE HAD A NICE TIME......

Liz,
    That's exactly what I meant when I said he doesn't have good manners.
    He definitiely should've called you!
  • Aug 6, 2007, 07:13 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

LIZ2007 agrees: BECAUSE I ACTUALLY FELT LIKE HE COULD HAVE At least CALL AND SAID HE HAD A NICE TIME...
    Yes, he should have, but he didn't so don't dwell on it. It's not like you two have been together for years. It was only one date for crying out loud. Not everyone has good manners.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Looking_for_the_one
    Don't call him anymore, no matter what. Men are hunters. They like the chase. If he wants u he will call u. Don't be too available and that would look needy to him. I would put him behind you and find someone else to date. If he then calls be polite but let him think u don't remember him, make him remind u who he is. Remember if he wants to be with you he will call YOU.
  • Aug 6, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Pook_Myster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Looking_for_the_one
    If he then calls be polite but let him think u dont remember him, make him remind u who he is. Remember if he wants to be with you he will call YOU.

I would suggest not playing games - be true to who you are, go on about your business, and if he calls then congrats for you... if he doesn't then fate would have it that it wasn't meant to be...
  • Aug 7, 2007, 08:42 AM
    LIZ2007
    He Called Lastnight!!

Yeah He Called And Said Hey What's Up... like Nothing... after 5 Minutes Of A Quick Conversation He Then Said Let Me Call You Back...

He Called Back And We Talked Then Once Again He Said Let Me Call You Back...

He Then Called Me Back But I Didn't Answer!!

What Do You Think??
  • Aug 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
    J_9
    First, please turn off your caps. Makes it look like you are yelling at us.

You did good. You don't want to appear too anxious or too needy. You have to have a life too.
  • Aug 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
    LIZ2007
    He called and I soon as I heard my cell phone ring I put it on silence and let it ring... I really like this guy but I don't want to seem needy either...

I have a feeling this guy is probably seeing someone and he apparently calls me only when he's alone... so weird!!
  • Aug 8, 2007, 06:37 AM
    MayMsredrose
    HI.. why do not make the first move and call him... general talk... just to be able to know if he is interested to date you or not?
  • Aug 8, 2007, 09:02 AM
    LIZ2007
    I called yesterday twice and he didn't pick up his phone... :confused:

Honestly I don't know its so weird...

I don't know if he liked me or not!

What can be a good reason for him not to call...
  • Aug 8, 2007, 09:46 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

What can be a good reason for him not to call...
    1) It could be that he has a life.

2) He may be dating other women.

3) You two are NOT exclusive in this relationship.

4) It was only one date for heaven's sake.

Just sit back and let him call you. I think this is a little bit of Déjà vu for me... Don't appear to be needy.

Give it a week, maybe two, if he doesn't call, he's not interested. On the other hand, you continue to call him, he may think you are beginning to stalk him after only one date.