Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Bleeding after being checked for dilation (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=221359)

• May 30, 2008, 04:43 AM
    rankrank55
    Bleeding after being checked for dilation
    Hey guys! Yesterday I went for my 35 week check up and everything was wonderful with baby Lia. The doctor checked for dilation and effacement; I'm not dilated but I'm 50% effaced. Neato! Anyway, after I left the office I noticed I was bleeding a bit. It was a much as a medium/light period and was dark red with a little bit of stringy stuff... yucky I know. I figured it was from being checked and decided to see if it stopped before getting worried. The bleeding seemed to go away after a little while but this morning I noticed some moderate spotting. It was dark brown, old, blood. I'm going to call my ob as soon as the office opens but I wanted to get a little insight from you ladies while I wait. Thanks so much :o
  • May 30, 2008, 04:47 AM
    DoulaLC
    It is not uncommon to have some spotting for a day or two after a pelvic exam (or intercourse). Not sure why he checked you at 35 weeks, unless he was concerned about preterm labor. Not much longer... pamper yourself the last several weeks!
  • May 30, 2008, 04:53 AM
    rankrank55
    Thank you so much. It's funny you mentioned about my doc checking me at 35 weeks; my mother expressed the same concern after I told her about it. From my understanding, it can possibly cause you to go into labor? She did the group b strep test this day also so my logic was that she checked while she was "down there," for lack of a better word. Pampering myself is something I definitely plan to do :)
  • May 30, 2008, 06:41 PM
    jjb4060
    I went and had the same things done the other day and my doctor actually handed me a pad because she knew I would spot after the exam... also, I had the streaky blood discharge. She told me that this was my cervix effacing and the tiny capillaries of my cervix shedding... you probably don't have much longer to go. Congrats!
  • May 30, 2008, 06:46 PM
    J_9
    This is all normal and natural hun. Especially after the GBS test. Your "parts" are a bit sensitive right now due to all the hormones in the area as well as the swelling that you may be experiencing due to the hormones.

Not to worry Ranky dear, it happens.

I can't wait to be Aunty J to little Lia, after all you have been through this past year or so I wish I could be there for you when the time comes.
  • May 30, 2008, 09:10 PM
    rankrank55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9
    This is all normal and natural hun. Especially after the GBS test. Your "parts" are a bit sensitive right now due to all the hormones in the area as well as the swelling that you may be experiencing due to the hormones.

Not to worry Ranky dear, it happens.

I can't wait to be Aunty J to little Lia, after all you have been through this past year or so I wish I could be there for you when the time comes.

Awww, thanks so much J!! You're such a sweetheart :) It would be wonderful to have a nurse like you on delivery day, for sure! ;) BIG HUG