Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Internet Business (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Mineralis? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=603437)

• Oct 13, 2011, 05:56 AM
    wenwoo
    Mineralis?
    I received a letter from Mineralis, P.O. Box 290, NL-3730 AG De Bilt, The Netherlands, saying that I had a prize payment by cheque for AU$5,888. I was the winner of the 3rd. Prize and would be paid by cheque. In with the letter, was another letter by Dr. Howard Singh,talking about Krill Oil, and its effectiveness. Month supply was only AU$55.Plus as a thank you for the order, you would receive a gift to the value of AU$30. I think they may have obtained information that I am a Natural Therapist, and that's why this has been sent to me. I never went into any competition in the Netherlands, so I am assuming that this is a scam. Of course you have to fill out your bank details, or send a cheque, or cash. These people need to be stopped from trying to get money out of people with this sort of scam. Has anyone sent back their details of the way they are going to pay? If so, did you receive a cheque from the Netherlands? Wendy W. Of Australia.
  • Oct 13, 2011, 06:00 AM
    NeedKarma
    I think most people delete thhese emails automatically.
  • Oct 30, 2011, 08:58 PM
    bma52526
    My husband received the same type of letter, Wendy, but in his letter it said that the price of the Krill Oil was $55 for 1 month supply, $85 for 2 months and $110 for 3 months. All we did was throw it in the bin and didn't reply. It's a known scam on SCAMWatch's website.
  • Oct 30, 2011, 09:02 PM
    bma52526
    Here's a very good link to look at relating to "Health Miracles" and how to avoid them. The link is from SCAMwatch's website.

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/694286
  • Oct 31, 2011, 03:40 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Complete scam.

First there is no need for your bank info, for someone to send or mail you a check.

Next there is no requirement for you to send THEM money for them to send you a prize, ( they can just deduct it from winnings if there was any real payment due)

These are all scams.
  • Jan 31, 2012, 12:55 PM
    judiz
    I received a letter informing me I had won $30,000 first prize plus a bonus prize consisting of a black leather toiletry bag. I sent a registered letter with a bank cheque of $55.00 AUD, seven weeks later I received my product, toiletry bag and an out of date cheque for $5.00, purportadly for the purpose of going towards the cost of refilling my order. Obviously I never received $30,000 AUD.
  • Jan 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
    NeedKarma
    Why did you have to send *them* a check for something that *you* won?
    Had you entered this lottery?
  • Jan 31, 2012, 01:20 PM
    judiz
    The cheque was to purchase the health product, and I guess you could say greed, never having won anything like this before, I just didn't think. At least I didn't give them banking details, I suppose that's one thing in my favour.
  • Feb 7, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Malvan
    Some one should check where the cheque was deposited and trace the thieves and sort them out.I have received a few of these letters and just received one saying I have won $30 000 Thanks to the computer I thought I would check this so called mineralis out.Lazy trash don't want to work but rip people off.

Cheers for the info

Mal

Ps.I have always thought it to good to be true and always threw them away.
  • Feb 8, 2012, 10:30 PM
    highblood
    I got a letter saying I won $30,oooo for a ramdom Jack pot draw I live in australia winnering number 4081 were & how did you get My Address & Name & to Buy Your products
  • Feb 8, 2012, 10:45 PM
    Curlyben
    Quote:

Originally Posted by highblood View Post
    I got a letter saying I won $30,oooo for a ramdom Jack pot draw I live in australia winnering number 4081 were & how did you get My Address & Name & to Buy Your products

It's all a SCAM!!