Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Stop taking because, How long till I could become pregnant? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=370177)

• Jun 29, 2009, 09:16 AM
    heyheather
    Stop taking BC, How long till I could become pregnant?
    I just stop taking my birthcontrol.
    How long till it wares off and ill be able to get pregnant?
    How long does it usually take?

• Jun 29, 2009, 09:36 AM
    redhed35

There is usually some break through bleeding for a few days,and then once the hormone levels drop you will start to ovulate..
    But really you could get pregnant anytime from when you stop taking the pill,depends on your body.
    For some its almost straight away,others it could get up to a year..
    Best thing is to relax,eat healthy,and exercise.
    Best of luck.
  • Jun 29, 2009, 09:38 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheather View Post
    I just stop taking my birthcontrol.
    How long till it wares off and ill be able to get pregnant?
    How long does it usually take?

It depends on what form of birth control you were taking. For some methods it will take as little as six months, for others it can take as long as a year and a half.
  • Jun 29, 2009, 12:24 PM
    LearningAsIGo

With my first pregnancy, it was 7 months after stopping birth control pills. Most women can count on at least 3-4 months before their periods become regular.

Its different for everyone, so remember that. You won't know how your body will respond initially.
  • Jun 29, 2009, 12:54 PM
    heyheather

So you have to wait to you have your next regular period?
    Thanks for your info.
    Ill just be patient.
  • Jun 29, 2009, 04:50 PM
    ang8318

If you have a period, that usually means that you ovulated. But it can take a while for your periods to become regular again after getting off the pill. Everyone is different, with my first I was pregnant 2 months after stopping the pill, with this one I stopped the pill got a period and found out I was pregnant a month later. Good luck to you!
  • Jul 8, 2009, 08:41 AM
    heyheather

Well, I've stopped my period as of Friday.
    It was longer than usual, so does that mean I could become pregnant now?
    Since I had a regular period I think.
  • Jul 8, 2009, 04:41 PM
    ang8318

If you are not using protection, you could get pregnant. The way I started to actively "try" to get pregnant was to chart my cycles. I would mark on a calendar when I got my period, and about 2 weeks after I got it my husband and I would make sure we had sex for 3-4 days once a day. I lucked out in how fast I got pregnant, my cycles were very regular. There are also many websites that will help you find your fertile time if you know exactly when and how long your cycles are.
  • Jul 16, 2009, 10:17 AM
    heyheather

OK thanks for your info.
    I think mine are pretty regular, once I get back on the cycle I guess.
    So 2 weeks after the first day of your period?
    And normally its 28 days right, in a cycle?
  • Jul 16, 2009, 12:35 PM
    ang8318

Yes. Usually 2 weeks after, and average is 28 days. But that is not true for everyone.
  • Jul 17, 2009, 07:40 AM
    heyheather

Thanks
  • Jul 17, 2009, 09:51 AM
    HotPotato2009

Good Luck heyheather