Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Foster Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Foster Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=764675)

• Aug 28, 2013, 05:24 PM
    lizzy rockheart
    Foster Care
    Hi my name is Nancy but I like to be called Lizzy. Is it possible for me to go to foster care if my parents do beat me. My step dad is fine but he gets angry with me a lot and calls me names sometimes. My mom treats me like I'm her worst enemy for one day and the half of the next day she'll treat me like I'm her buff and then she goes back to hating on me again. My mom has cheated on my step father 4 times and she is currently dating someone that my step dad doesn't know about. I'm just really tired of getting my feelings hurt. I used to cut myself because my mom told me I was a slut and I was going to be pregnant by the time I'm 13 and her friend says the same about me. I was going to kill myself one day but I realized how many of friends killed me so I just backed off from that idea for a while. I haven't cut myself since but anyway I'm just tired of the stupid drama. I don't want to go through is anymore. I don't want to feel the need for cutting myself again
  • Aug 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
    smoothy
    You will find foster care will be far worse... you get a place to sleep and food... and little else... few kids actually in foster care want to be there.
  • Aug 28, 2013, 06:57 PM
    lizzy rockheart
    But that's all I need. Do u still think I should do it
  • Aug 28, 2013, 07:01 PM
    smoothy
    You don't get to do it... Child protective services has to have a legal reason to do it. Actually as a minor there are very few things you can really decide to do on your own.
  • Aug 28, 2013, 07:41 PM
    LULU42
    If your parents are beating you, you need to let somebody know talk to a teacher or somebody in your community. There are people who can help you and you can do something to change your situation. No child should have to go through that. No child should be abused mentally or physically please let somebody know about what is going on.
  • Aug 28, 2013, 08:05 PM
    smoothy
    Except what some kids claim is a beating is actually discipline for bad behavior, particularity when they get into their teens and think they can do anything they want.

Abuse does happen and shouldn't but discipline is needed periodically when limits are crossed. And there is a big difference between the two. And important to differentiate what's really happening.

There is a lot more to this based on the self destructive behavior... which SHOULD be treated by mental health professionals.
  • Aug 28, 2013, 11:21 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    You report the abuse to police, or teacher at school, or call children's services and report it.

They will investigate and see if this is merely discipline ( like a spanking) or actual abuse.

They may require parents to do parenting class. Mother may leave him, if he is doing this.

There are many foster homes, do not except love, or concern, merely a place to live, and people to control your actions. A few are loving homes, but most do it for the money.