Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Medical Conditions & Diseases (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Concerned about sudden onset of red,itchy,& blotchy rash (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=357787)

• May 25, 2009, 03:17 PM
    surflife1183
    Concerned about sudden onset of red,itchy,& blotchy rash
    I woke up on Saturday covered in welted,red,itchy rash that I have never had before. I am now on day 3 and have been trying home remedies of Oatmeal baths,hydro cortisone cream, and Benadryl. It continues to spread and now I have it on my arms,legs,torso,bottom,ears,hands, and feet.. So yeah pretty much everywhere. I don't have medical insurance and I will have to go back to work tomorrow. I am hoping that someone out there may have experienced the same thing and could give me some good advice about treatment. I would really appreciate you help!
    Thanks!
  • May 25, 2009, 03:47 PM
    J_9
    Any new soaps? Laundry detergent or fabric softener? Any new foods lately?
  • May 25, 2009, 06:41 PM
    surflife1183
    I am using the same soaps and have not eaten any new foods... that's the strange part. I had eaten peanut butter and strawberry jam on both Friday and on Saturday. I have heard of people becoming allergic as we get older so I don't know if this is the case here or not. I have not eaten peanut butter or strawberry jam since Saturday. I have been using the Benadryl and Oatmeal baths and Hydrocortisone cream for 2 days now. Shouldn't this be gone by now? The welting has gone down somewhat but the rash continues to spread. Now I have it pretty bad on my hands, both the top and the palm and even on my ears. This is the strangest thing! I was hoping that someone out there may have had a similar experience and have some words of wisdom for me... Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
  • Sep 13, 2011, 09:31 AM
    momof4grls
    Is it all over your body? Or just where you may have been exposed to the sun? I had a very similar rash when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter. It was horribile, and got worse not better. It was an allergic reaction to the sun and or sun screen. Unfortunately I had to go to a dermatologist and be put on steroids for the skin in order to see relief. Took two weeks..

If it's all over your body, look online at chicken pox signs and symptoms and other childhood diseases, also look at pictures. That will help you compare the rashes online to yours. If it's a childhood disease the good news is that it will be gone in a week or so. bad news is if it's a contagious one, you can't go back to work until it's cleared up. Hope this helps.
  • Sep 13, 2011, 03:26 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by momof4grls View Post
    Is it all over your body? Or just where you may have been exposed to the sun? I had a very similar rash when I was pregnant with my youngest daughter. It was horribile, and got worse not better. It was an allergic reaction to the sun and or sun screen. Unfortunatley I had to go to a dermatologist and be put on steroids for the skin in order to see relief. took two weeks..

If it's all over your body, look online at chicken pox signs and symptoms and other childhood diseases, also look at pictures. That will help you compare the rashes online to yours. If it's a childhood disease the good news is that it will be gone in a week or so., bad news is if it's a contagious one, you can't go back to work until it's cleared up. hope this helps.

I'm sure it's better now since this post was in 2009. ;) Please check our dates prior to answering.