Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Missing Persons (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   So how did you all fine folks find this site? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=73846)

• Mar 19, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Megg
    So how did you all fine folks find this site?
    I find it interesting to see how everyone actually came to know and like this site. I was searching Google for something and went into all the links. I found a post about my question on this site, and then I saw that I could ask anything... ZOMG!! And I do! So how did you find this site?
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:20 PM
    star3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    I find it interesting to see how everyone actually came to know and like this site. I was searching google for something and went into all the links. I found a post about my question on this site, and then i saw that i could ask anything....ZOMG!!! And i do! So how did you find this site?

I'm new. I've been reading a lot, but I've never answered a question till now. I happen to enjoy this site a lot! I'll start to use it more. I found it googling too. I wanted to find an advice column and this came up.
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Megg
    Lol that's great. If you want to start answering question's I've got lot's lol. Just click my name or anyone's for that matter and veiw their profile then veiw their question's. Easy. Good luck and hope to see question's and answer's from you.
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
    burn56
    I found this place from a continual hunt for a move I saw a long time ago. I had a lead once, but something happened to the guy... meh.
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Megg
    Lol what move?
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:47 PM
    robertsqueen
    I found this site... cause I frustrated by lack of sleep from my son... he wouldn't sleep and I was trying to get adivce on how to get him to sleep... lol... Now I can't live without this sight. It has so much valuable input.. and I can give advice also... ITS WONDERFUL.
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Megg
    lol its funny how we all randomly found this site lol.
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:50 PM
    burn56
    Sorry *movie*
  • Mar 19, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Megg
    Lol, what movie then
  • Mar 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
    burn56
    If I knew the movie I wouldn't have found this site! Lol check my asked questions, if you know what movie it is please help me!
  • Mar 19, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Megg
    Ohhh I get it now... LOL sorry brain fart
  • Mar 19, 2007, 09:22 PM
    shygrneyzs
    I found this site looking for an answer to some deep burning question, cannot remember what it was now but it was very important at the time. The Help Desk link popped up on good ol' Google and when I got here, I looked around at other posts and was hooked. This is the only addiction I do not plan on repenting of. Lol. Well, that and chocolate.
  • Mar 19, 2007, 10:52 PM
    JoeCanada76
    I honestly do not even remember how I came to this site. I think it was from somebody else on another site that recommended this site. Sure enough since signing up it has been an awesome experience. Lot of good people here.

Joe
  • Mar 20, 2007, 06:15 AM
    vlee
    I found this site while googling for something. It popped up with a question someone else had asked. I am surprised by how much I love this site though. It is really cool.
  • Mar 20, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Capuchin
    I was looking for the real and complex parts of the refractive index of silicon!

Fun fun!
  • May 24, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Milton Jr
    Well, I've never heard of it, I was googling for something when I found this site. I find it pretty interesting, can't get enough of it! LOL. There are a lot of cool topics like books, computers, languages , etc.

See you!
  • May 25, 2007, 12:33 AM
    Clough
    I don't remember the exact thing that I was looking for on Google. One of the links in my search lead me to here. When I found how the site was organized and monitored so well, I got hooked.
  • Jun 8, 2007, 02:43 AM
    Thought we knew
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    I find it interesting to see how everyone actually came to know and like this site. I was searching google for something and went into all the links. I found a post about my question on this site, and then i saw that i could ask anything....ZOMG!!! And i do! So how did you find this site?

Same here... google.. lol
  • Jun 13, 2007, 08:08 AM
    SpottieOttie33
    I found this site the same way you did! I always have questions, it's nice knowing hat I can help answer other people's questions and they can do the same for me!
  • Jun 13, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Tootruetooblue
    I did a search to get advise on a question that I wasn't comfortable asking my family or friends. It wasn't a matter of privacy - I just figured they had too many biases to tell me the truth. I like the objectivity of the site, and the occasional disagreements make for stimulating debate. Great question.