Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   So have you taken the plundge ?? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=814671)

• Jul 29, 2015, 02:09 PM
    Curlyben
    So have you taken the plundge ??
    Today is Windows 10 day.
    Have you upgraded yet ?

Windows 10 launch is a 'new era', says Microsoft boss - BBC News

Microsoft download tool

Rory gets a Windows 10 crash course - BBC News
  • Jul 29, 2015, 03:02 PM
    joypulv
    Mine wanted to install about 2 hours ago
  • Jul 29, 2015, 03:03 PM
    Curlyben
    ANYTHING is an improvement over Windblowz 8 ;)
  • Jul 29, 2015, 03:23 PM
    Catsmine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post

What he said
  • Jul 29, 2015, 03:42 PM
    paraclete
    No I only have windows 8 on a tablet and I will wait until I can connect wifi but there is no hurry. If it is good for Microsoft it may not be good for me
  • Jul 30, 2015, 04:50 AM
    Catsmine
    Word of warning. The new browser apparently does not transfer your "favorites" settings.
  • Jul 30, 2015, 05:56 AM
    tomder55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post

is it ? here's hoping
  • Jul 30, 2015, 06:06 AM
    joypulv
    I'm finding it slow! I was forced to agree to an agreement I wasn't sure of, about apps and sending Microsoft data, etc.
    Now, especially Facebook Scrabble takes 3X as long 'waiting for' this and that cache or app. The only one that's mine is AdBlockPlus.

Any suggestions?
  • Jul 30, 2015, 06:30 AM
    paraclete
    As I said I'm not in a hurry I'll wait for the upgrade verson and I'm not letting Microsoft delete my software, but they can delete all that crap from windows 8 if they like
  • Jul 30, 2015, 06:34 AM
    catonsville
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Word of warning. The new browser apparently does not transfer your "favorites" settings.

Yes, and that is why I went back to Win 7 too. I was lost, did not know what to do to get things working also.

PS I also noticed that my boot up time is much longer since I downloaded Win 10.
  • Jul 30, 2015, 06:49 AM
    CravenMorhead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post

Important to the precious few who use internet explorer for anything other then downloading firefox/opera/chrome/mosiac/lynx/safari/netscape. :-)

I am waiting for my position in the queue to come up, likely do it on Monday when I can guarantee that I won't need anything that I have installed on it.
  • Jul 30, 2015, 07:07 AM
    smoothy
    I played around with the beta version for about the last 9 months or so. Waiting for mine to ugrade as I expect in the next few days.
  • Jul 30, 2015, 09:17 AM
    joypulv
    Plan on over an hour. I fell asleep. It was 'done' because my computer was off, but when I restarted, it decided to do some more stuff for 10 minutes.
  • Jul 30, 2015, 11:11 AM
    cdad
    Havent gotten anything yet. Only the notice that I will get it. In an article I read it can take up to 2 weeks before the roll out is complete.
  • Jul 30, 2015, 12:09 PM
    talaniman
    Took me an hour too, so far,so good.
  • Jul 30, 2015, 12:17 PM
    Curlyben
    cdad, the second link will allow you to get it earlier ;)
  • Jul 30, 2015, 12:38 PM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Mine wanted to install about 2 hours ago

So. Did it install ? You have reservations about having 10 ?
  • Jul 30, 2015, 03:23 PM
    joypulv
    I postponed it for bedtime. Not reservations so much as caution, remembering the fateful day not many months ago when I installed 8.1!
  • Jul 30, 2015, 06:32 PM
    ScottGem
    I'm going to wait for the upgrades on each of my machines. But I plan on doing my Dell Venue 8 tab let first, Then my Samsung 2 in 1, and my desktop last.
  • Jul 31, 2015, 03:46 AM
    Catsmine
    My Win7 Toshiba laptop is not happy. Considering making a recovery disk for when the patches come out and going back to Win7. The load was fairly easy but didn't include a video player, hid the indexes, and seems to run about as fast as a 3G phone.