Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Happy Easter (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=847465)

• Apr 11, 2020, 06:56 AM
    paraclete
    Happy Easter
    when for the first time we must celebrate Easter alone, Happy Easter, rejoice in the message of hope it brings. This too shall pass and we will emerge in a different world
  • Apr 11, 2020, 07:36 AM
    jlisenbe
    Well said. This could very well end up being good for the church.
  • Apr 11, 2020, 10:35 AM
    Athos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post

100,000+ dead and dying - and you say this could be good for the church? The world needs less "churches" like yours.
  • Apr 11, 2020, 11:54 AM
    jlisenbe
    Oh brother. The nasty Athos is back. I was hopeful there for a while.
  • Apr 11, 2020, 03:05 PM
    Athos
    Quote:

Oh brother. The nasty Athos is back. I was hopeful there for a while.

You're calling me nasty? After what you posted?

The dead now number about 110,000 since I replied above. But you're rejoicing in this being good for your church.

Doesn't get much nastier than that. Nor any sicker.
  • Apr 11, 2020, 03:54 PM
    jlisenbe
    Might be true IF I said anything even remotely similar to your post. We were talking about Easter, how the church would not be able to assemble together, and how that might be good in some ways for the Church. You immediately started talking about death and dying. Do such thoughts come into your mind frequently?

Worldwide death and dying are not positive for the church. Hard times frequently are. "When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends! Realise that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance."
  • Apr 11, 2020, 04:27 PM
    Athos
    Quote:

Might be true IF I said anything even remotely similar to your post.

How about identical? I used your own words.

Quote:

We were talking about Easter, how the church would not be able to assemble together,
    Yeah, right. Not a word about that from you.

Quote:

You immediately started talking about death and dying. Do such thoughts come into your mind frequently?
    No, only when I see your name and then it reminds me of your horrific belief on death and dying. How many of the 100,000+ dead so far have you consigned to eternal punishment in hell?
  • Apr 11, 2020, 04:34 PM
    paraclete
    You two miss the message entirely
  • Apr 11, 2020, 04:37 PM
    Athos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You two miss the message entirely

Your message was appropriate, clete. His wasn't.
  • Apr 11, 2020, 04:54 PM
    jlisenbe
    Quote:

How about identical? I used your own words.
    Where?

Quote:

Yeah, right. Not a word about that from you.
    Other than to say, "Well said," in reply to Clete's comment?

Quote:

No, only when I see your name and then it reminds me of your horrific belief on death and dying. How many of the 100,000+ dead so far have you consigned to eternal punishment in hell?
    Wow. You just can't get over being wrong. Well, I do hope you have a meaningful Easter.
  • Apr 11, 2020, 08:55 PM
    Athos
    Quote:

Where?

good for the church AND good for the church

Quote:

Other than to say, "Well said," in reply to Clete's comment?
    You ruined it by adding the good for the church thing.

Quote:

Wow. You just can't get over being wrong.
    Then set me and the rest of us straight. In your own words in plain language. Is eliminating belief in Jesus being necessary to escape eternal punishment exclude newborn babies and Buddhists who never heard of him?

You just keep going round and round with this by avoiding making a simple statement. Like you insist, in your own words.
  • Apr 12, 2020, 05:02 AM
    jlisenbe
    Check my post on the other thread.

I said "good for the church." You said "good for your church". It was not in quotes. I certainly did not say that 100,000 deaths would be good for the church. Again, you are wrong.
  • Apr 12, 2020, 07:14 AM
    talaniman
    Quote:

All churches? How?
  • Apr 12, 2020, 08:30 AM
    jlisenbe
    For the Christian church. As James said, "When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends! Realise that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance." Check out the church in China. Against great opposition, it has grown steadily for decades.

Had a great service this morning at the drug rehab center. The primary point of the sermon was the fact that Jesus is alive, and how that impacts our lives today.
  • Apr 12, 2020, 04:31 PM
    paraclete
    always knew there was a reason for it, you smoke dope
  • Apr 12, 2020, 05:23 PM
    jlisenbe
    Quote:

always knew there was a reason for it, you smoke dope
    I'll be sure to pass on your loving comment to those men who are having to trust God for an avenue out of a life of addiction. What a disappointing comment.
  • Apr 12, 2020, 08:51 PM
    paraclete
    Yes it joins so many other disappointing comments, I say nothing of those who seek to leave a former life behind, but those who exhibit an irrationality which may be the result of addiction
  • Apr 12, 2020, 10:02 PM
    jlisenbe
    Quote:

Yes it joins so many other disappointing comments,
    And now you add stupid to disappointing. And you think you get to judge irrationality???
  • Apr 12, 2020, 10:06 PM
    paraclete
    Yes I know a slow working dope when I see one
  • Apr 12, 2020, 10:12 PM
    jlisenbe
    How hateful you must be. You mock ministering to drug addicts and now this. Good grief.