Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Child & Teen Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Shaving pubic hair? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=11468)

• Aug 1, 2005, 03:54 PM
    Dazed&Confused182
    Shaving pubic hair?
    Hey,
    I'm 15 and I've been thinking of shaving my pubes... I don't really like how hairy it is down there, I even have hair on my balls, is that normal?
    If I shave it is it true it will come back thicker and darker?
    Please reply :)
  • Aug 1, 2005, 05:32 PM
    wzartv
    There is a humungous topic already started on this idea... check it out and maybe it will answer some of your questions about what people think...

Click Here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=2995
  • Aug 17, 2005, 07:27 AM
    fredg
    Shave
    Hi,
    What you asked is normal, hair all over.
    Yes, it's true. If you start shaving down there, (just like on your face), the hairs will become much thicker, and much more stronger.
    After awhile, if you don't shave it, it will be so "prickly", no one will be able to stand it.
    Are you sure you want to start this??
    Best wishes,
    fredg
  • Aug 30, 2005, 02:36 PM
    trim
    One time or another
    I think that every one will shave there pubes one time or another it is quite normall to won't to do so an also if you do do it an you don't like it its not the end of the world they grow bak
  • Sep 17, 2005, 10:56 PM
    americanfool
    Once & awhile
    Once and a while I shave it feels good after words. But if I don't use shaving cream it burns. :mad: Reason being is that I use a rasor. I need a electric if anyone knows where I could find one please respond :)
  • Sep 18, 2005, 07:20 AM
    fredg
    Pubic Hair
    Hi,
    Trim said "everyone will shave their pubic hair at one time or another", or something like that. NOT true!! Not everyone!
    It's only those who see pictures and talk with others about doing something different, worried whether they should or not.
    You are giving the wrong impression about this type of shaving.
    fredg
  • Sep 18, 2005, 07:40 AM
    trim
    Fredg u cant read
    If you read it again you shall read at the start it saying (I think) it doesn't meen they do its what I think
  • Oct 1, 2005, 11:51 PM
    Pale White Skin
    Everyone's doing it haha
    I don't see the big deal in shaving. I shave for my girlfriend and she doesn't ask me to. But I'm used to shaving and I do it for comfort. I think it's attractive if women shave their snatch. I dislike choking every time or swallowing pubic hairs.. big turn off and it's so irritating! EEEK! Other than that.. at least trim or something.. I don't know! It's not that bad!
  • Oct 14, 2005, 08:45 AM
    Mass
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale White Skin
    Other than that.. at least trim or something.. I don't know! It's not that bad!

EEEK! Either you shave or not. If you just trim it it will still be uncomfortable for your partner. Shaving your pubic hair it's a lot like dressing yourself nice: its all about one's respect for her/him-self.
  • Oct 14, 2005, 02:45 PM
    Pale White Skin
    I still don't see what the big deal is for women shaving. If they're so afraid of doing it, I'll lend them a hand! Gosh! My aunt is a hairstylist and I'm taking after her. I'm great with my hands :p
  • Oct 16, 2005, 03:49 AM
    Mass
    Quote:

I still don't see what the big deal is for women shaving. If they're so afraid of doing it, I'll lend them a hand! Gosh! My aunt is a hairstylist and I'm taking after her. I'm great with my hands :p

I think that men are more afraid than women... Women respect their bodies a lot more than men. Just my 2 cents...
  • Oct 16, 2005, 12:33 PM
    Pale White Skin
    How are men more afraid than women?
  • Oct 17, 2005, 09:54 AM
    Mass
    Because man have a lot bigger region to shave than women. Moreover... it's a lot more bumpier too... sort of speak.
  • Oct 17, 2005, 11:24 AM
    Pale White Skin
    Exactly! It's a lot harder for men to shave but we do it anyway for our own comfort. It looks clean and although it might feel irritating for the first couple of weeks.. you adjust to it. I don't see why women can't do the same.
  • Oct 21, 2005, 08:22 AM
    Mass
    Quote:

Exactly! It's a lot harder for men to shave but we do it anyways for our own comfort. It looks clean and although it might feel irritating for the first couple of weeks.. you adjust to it. I don't see why women can't do the same.

I don't know about you but my women are shaving since they had 15 years old. Its natural, its clean and its normal.
  • Oct 21, 2005, 09:56 AM
    Pale White Skin
    Shaving is natural, clean.. and normal! I agree with that! :) All women should shave, or at least trim!
  • Oct 28, 2005, 04:38 AM
    Mass
    Many people don't shave because they are afraid of cut themselves with the blade. This is so untrue if you use a well known brand.
  • Oct 28, 2005, 12:20 PM
    Pale White Skin
    That's true! I've never cut myself. You just have to do it the right way. I usually go with the grain to avoid any cuts.
  • Jan 5, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Felix06
    PM me
    Shaving is totally normal. The only way you could hurt yourself is a cut, but you should be careful. PM me if you want to talk about it. I've shaved many times before, and I can give some great advice.
  • Jan 5, 2006, 11:51 PM
    PrettyLady
    Guys, please be cautious of people telling you to contact them for personal care advice, especially if your really young. There are perverted people on the Internet and it's best to be careful. Here's some steps on how to groom your private area.

Steps:

1. If your pubic hair is long, trim with clippers or scissors before using a razor for the close shave.

2. Take a warm bath or shower beforehand, it opens your pores and allows you to get a closer shave.

3. Before applying shaving cream, rinse the area with cool water.

4. Apply shaving cream a few minutes before shaving to soften hairs. Consider using a shaving cream with additional moisturizer or aloe.

5. Be sure to use a new blade, the more times you go over an area the more likely you are to irritate it.

6. When shaving, stroke an area no more than twice to reduce skin irritation. On the first stroke, go with the grain to remove most of the hair, then go against the grain for a smooth, close shave. If going against tends to irritate you, then skip that and use both strokes with the grain.

7. Be sure to clean the area afterwards with soap and water to reduce the risk of infection, especially if you cut yourself.

8. Some people find a daily application of baby powder or talcum powder especially helpful after shaving to keep the area dry and irritation-free.