Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   It's a baby girl (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=224637)

• Jun 8, 2008, 02:29 PM
    davejag
    It's a baby girl
    Yes we had a baby girl she wasn't so little though she weight 9bls 2 oz.
    We named her Lena-Marie Kathleen, she was born on June 3rd 2008 we just got out of the hospital today. After 28 hours of hard labour and 3 hours of pushing she was finally born.
    We had 4 DR, 8 nurses, and 2 OB's trying to deliver her she got stuck between the pelvic bone and the birth canal. It was a very scary delivery and I didn't think we would make it, especially after she was born and wasn't breathing. We are finally home after 5 days in the hospital because the baby had Jondus and my episiotomy ended up opening up ( ouch what a painful thing). All is well and we are now home thank god.
  • Jun 8, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Wondergirl
    Congratulations on your new daughter! Did they put her under special lights for the jaundice? Are you sitting easier now? I wish everyone well and exciting times ahead!
  • Jun 8, 2008, 02:58 PM
    J_9
    Congrats!!

That sure sounded like a rough time! Did they send you home with the Bili Lights for the baby or is the jaundice gone now?
  • Jun 8, 2008, 03:13 PM
    DoulaLC
    Congrats on your "little" girl... :) Rest and enjoy!
  • Jun 8, 2008, 04:37 PM
    davejag
    Thanks guys no they did not send her home with lights because it is a legal issue if we don't use them right. She is doing a bit better I have her in the sun light as much as I can, she is feeding really well which is a key factor. Myself on the other hand I am in so much pain from the episiotomy and it is infected so when I pee it feels like I am on fire lol.
  • Jun 8, 2008, 05:09 PM
    xoxolele
    Congrats! I'm trying with my husband and no luck yet but hearing positive happy things for other people gives me hope.
  • Jun 8, 2008, 06:24 PM
    ang8318
    CONGRATS. What a beautiful name. I am glad that all turned out well, take care of yourself, and I hope that your episiotomy gets better soon.
  • Jun 9, 2008, 07:47 PM
    buggage
    Wow! Sounds like you have got one heck of a story to tell! She will definitely appreciate all you went through when she is grown and starting her own family. Glad that it all panned out well in the end and you are both happy healthy and home! Congrats!
  • Jun 9, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Alty
    Congrats, that's great, big baby, poor mommy. Enjoy her, they grow up way to fast. :)
  • Jun 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
    jjb4060
    Congratulations on the new baby... sounded painful!!
  • Jun 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
    LearningAsIGo
    Congratulations! I'm glad to hear everyone is home now and doing better :)
  • Jun 10, 2008, 10:16 AM
    HistorianChick
    Congratulations!! :D
  • Jun 10, 2008, 01:52 PM
    stormey44
    Congrats girls are so fun I just had one after having 2 boys and they are all fun but little girls are funnier to dress up lol