Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Paranormal Phenomena (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Can a new house be haunted? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=434961)

• Jan 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
    Aurora_Bell
    Can a new house be haunted?
    Well the title pretty much sums it up.

I had a house built, my daughter and I are the only ones who have ever lived in it, it is only 1.5 years old. The land was never used for housing unless it was back in the nomad days ;)

I am not a normal believer of spirits and such, but recently I have been thinking, why not? I believe in Jesus, which would have to mean I believe in the devil right?

Yin and Yang type thing? Night and day theroy?

Anyway, just want to know if you guys think it would be possible that a brand new house with no history could be haunted or housing spirits?:confused:
  • Jan 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
    artlady

A new home should always be blessed and spirits have been known to follow families and even family heirlooms.

Antiques have been known to have spirits attached to them.

Err on the side of caution and have the home blessed.You can do it yourself ,its very simple.

There are numerous on line articles that discuss this issue.
  • Feb 7, 2010, 09:53 AM
    southerngalps

artlady had some good points.
    The land can have a serious history that might have unsettled spirits.
  • Feb 7, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Aurora_Bell

Ok thank you guys! :)
  • Feb 7, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Aurora_Bell
    Do you think I can bless it myself? Or does it have obe done by a professional?
    I don't think my house is haunted, but my daughter is obsessed with ghost's and monsters, she says they are in her bedroom. :confused:
  • Feb 7, 2010, 10:11 AM
    southerngalps

Are you religious? Can you have a talk with your pastor or priest? But why not try doing it yourself. Wouldn't hurt.
    Try setting up a webcam in the middle of the night. Play around with things :) experiment.
  • Feb 7, 2010, 10:33 AM
    Aurora_Bell

I was raised and baptised Roman Catholic, I am relegious, but not overly... I really don't know how to explain it. I don't regualry go to church, but I don't by any means consider myself an atheist. I also believe religion is open to interpretation.
    No to the web cam, only because I would probably poop my pants if I saw anything... lol.
    Thanks for the reply, I will definitely give it a shot, the blessing that is ;)
  • Feb 7, 2010, 10:34 AM
    thisisit

I don't believe in any of that hokus pokus stuff. Fun to think about maybe in a fantasy or scary story kind of way... but not real.
  • Feb 7, 2010, 10:42 AM
    Aurora_Bell

Yup, and that's just what I mean open for interpreation.
    I was always taught, that if you believe in one, you must believe in the other, see one couldn't exsist with out the other. Kind of like happiness and sadness, with out happiness you couldn't feel sorrow, and vica versa.
    But again, open to interpretation. I don't think that anyone's way of thinking is "the only way". I believe that in all religions, it comes down to worrshipping a God, and that's what counts... believing.