Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Haven't heard from boyfriend (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=108772)

• Jul 10, 2007, 10:04 PM
    beachbaby420
    Haven't heard from boyfriend
    I'm prob. Worried for no reason but I haven't talked to my boyfriend since before he went into work this morning. He usually calls me in the evening or he will get online and we talk on instant messager. We have only been together for a month but this is the first day this has happened.. I know he is okay.. I would have heard from our friends by now. I just have been wondering all night why I haven't heard from him and it's bothering me. Is that normal for guys to do that? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question I just don't have anyone else to talk to about this.
  • Jul 10, 2007, 10:08 PM
    diya
    Don't over-react to a guy's behaviour like this one. Sometimes this is a test they put u through to.. simply to see your reaction. Don't give in to this. Trust me if you jump to any stupid conclusions of whys and why nots; you'll definitely do stupid things and he will run away. So stay calm... he doesn't call could also mean he's busy, not necessarily suggesting he doesn't wish to speak with you. If you show u care less; it's a guarantee you'll never lose him but if you care too much like you're doing now, it won't be long, he's gone. Trust me.
  • Jul 10, 2007, 10:23 PM
    JonLR92
    I bet he's just had a tough day and is stressing. But he'll be so happy to see you again. Nothing serious, nothing to stress over.
  • Jul 10, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Dana Bandle
    I agree with above. Chill out. Get a life. Don't live for him.
  • Jul 10, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Pook_Myster
    I agreed with Diya - don't over-react... guys hate it! Lol... they think we are emotional enough as it is. I know my boyfriend hates it when I call him more than once a day (especially because we live together so see each other every night anyway!)

One thing to think about though - it is important to always be interesting to your partner... if they lose interest, then kiss the relationship goodbye basically. If you are talking 24/7 - eventually, you are going to run out of things to talk about... and before you know it the dreaded disinterest sets in! Save up your conversation a little so that you always have something to catch up on - and it creates a little mystery too - and you are always better off seeming a little mysterious, than seeming like you spend your undivided time and attention on msn messenger waiting for him to lighten your day!
  • Jul 11, 2007, 12:14 PM
    EllieBrown
    If he is your boyfriend, can't you contact him? Maybe he wants you to call him. I'm sure he would like that because you sort of made it sound like he is usually the one getting in touch and you are the one receiving the calls. Make sense? I've been in that situation before, this one guy randomly stopped texting and when I saw him next, I said "Why don't you text me anymore?" and he was like "Why can't you text me?!" I felt sort of bad after that, haha!
  • Jul 11, 2007, 08:35 PM
    nicespringgirl
    I dated a guy once, I told him to call me back when he got back home after our first date. He never called... I never asked why... and I didn't call him back I was afraid to scare him away from me, I didn't want to over react... so I waited... he never called... he told our mutual friend, he was so much wanting me to call him back, he thought I didn't like him at all... it's so funny, life is a game, no one wins... so should you call him back? I don't know... life is too hard because all the mind games,but I encourage you to call him tonight, just once.Good luck and let us know how things go.
  • Jul 11, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Brigger
    Try not to worry too much. Men are like women some times and we will do things like this just to see if we too will be missed; or if you will call us instead of us always calling you first.
  • Jul 11, 2007, 08:43 PM
    nicespringgirl
    Comments on this post
    Pook_Myster agrees: There is a BIG difference between calling your boyfriend CONSTANTLY, and calling someone back after a date...

So are you agree or disagree? I am confused on your comment. LOL. I'd like to know... :)
  • Jul 11, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Pook_Myster
    I was going to disagree, but didn't want to give you negative feed back, so I disagree, but not enough to press 'Disagree' and give you negative points... if that makes sense =)
  • Jul 11, 2007, 09:15 PM
    nicespringgirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pook_Myster
    I was going to disagree, but didn't want to give you negative feed back, so I disagree, but not enough to press 'Disagree' and give you negative points.......if that makes sense =)

LOL, thank you! I was wondering... but what do you think about that guy never called me back after the first date, but he did want me to call him back. I did ask him to call me back though... if I'd know he wanted me to call him back, he should have told me that, right?
    Thank you!:)
  • Jul 12, 2007, 07:41 AM
    talaniman
    He 's your b/f and you should at least call once. You don't have to blow up his phone, but what can a phone call hurt??