Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   My husband came inside me 2 days after my period could I be pregnant? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=630765)

• Jan 26, 2012, 05:45 PM
    tbear8404
    My husband came inside me 2 days after my period could I be pregnant?
    I started my period Jan 7th and was off the 10th. Before I started my period me and my husband hadn't had sex for over a week. Two days after my period my husband came inside of me. Is there any possibility I could be pregnant?
  • Jan 26, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Yes, there is a chance, If you don't want to get pregnant you need not to have sex unless you are on birth control and best to also use a condom also.
  • Jan 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
    DoulaLC
    Yes, there is a possibility. You will have to wait and see what happens when you would expect your next period. If no period, give it a few extra days, then try a test if necessary.
  • Feb 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Lizzy18
    It depends on your cycle and if it is 28 days then on the 14th day after your periods is your ovulation day, so for 27days-13th, 26days-12th, 25days-11th and the list goes on and on. Therefore, depending on your cycle you could be pregnant at the same always know that your egg stays in your ovaries for 24hours only during ovulation while the sperm will last for up to five days on the ovary.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 09:44 AM
    DoulaLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy18 View Post
    It depends on your cycle and if it is 28 days then on the 14th day after your periods is your ovulation day, so for 27days-13th, 26days-12th, 25days-11th and the list goes on and on. Therefore, depending on your cycle you could be pregnant at the same always know that your egg stays in your ovaries for 24hours only during ovulation while the sperm will last for up to five days on the ovary.

It is important to note that this does not always hold true for every woman. Many women will ovulate sooner or later than the norm. Ovulation is when the egg is released from the ovary. It will be viable for about 24 hours, although not always that long and has an even shorter period after ovulation to become fertilized by a sperm. Fertilization most often occurs in the fallopian tube.
  • Feb 12, 2012, 11:11 AM
    Lizzy18
    Thank you DoulaLC... I wondered what word I missed on the fertilization process and tbear8404 my apologies yes the fertilization occurs on the Fallopian tube..! And the dates suggested are mostly scientific estimates but vary every other month or with individuals..
  • Oct 19, 2012, 02:31 AM
    kelly38
    Hi my husband ejaculated inside me a day after my period could I get pregnant... also my cycle is 21 days if any one could help me with my question it would help... my period stop on a Wednesday and had sex with my husband the next day and he did that and on Sunday I went to the washroon after doing my pee I wiped my seft and there was a little bit of blood on the tissue.. never had that happen before and then it was gone.. please help