Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   Movie form 80s with a flying dog dragon thing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=159812)

• Dec 5, 2007, 10:38 PM
    audreyf
    Movie form 80s with a flying dog dragon thing
    Ok I remember this movie from the 80s. It was about a boy and he had a flying dragon that looked like a dog, golden retriver ish. It started when the boy found a book in an attic about fairy tales and he had to keep reading to keep the fairy tale world alive. There was a little girl princess in it also. I want to say robin williams was the narrator. Thank you all
  • Dec 5, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Curlyben
    Unendliche Geschichte, Die (1984)

That should say The Neverending Story, no idea why it's in German
  • Dec 5, 2007, 10:46 PM
    audreyf
    You are so awesome thank you yes that's it I completely forgot the name
  • Dec 6, 2007, 12:33 AM
    jessb
    Wow.. I thought that was a classic and everyone knew the name... wow, well hope u watch both of them 1-2 there great
  • Dec 7, 2007, 12:01 AM
    audreyf
    It is but the name completely slipped my mind. That new movie that is coming out on christmas the "waterhorse" reminded me of the"Neverending Story" brought back great memories. Than 2 all
  • Dec 7, 2007, 11:45 AM
    sneekerpixie
    I think the movie your looking for is "the never ending story". I have it on dvd. You can get it at walmart.
  • Dec 11, 2007, 10:22 AM
    OlivesNCream
    The Neverending Story! I loved that movie when I was younger...

... and there are actually THREE Neverending Story movies :D

Jack Black is in the third movie :) So be sure to watch all three of them if you're out to get the first two.
  • Dec 12, 2007, 03:32 AM
    jessb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OlivesNCream
    The Neverending Story! I loved that movie when I was younger...

...and there are actually THREE Neverending Story movies :D

Jack Black is in the third movie :) So be sure to watch all three of them if you're out to get the first two.

Omg I never knew they made a number three... I just looked it up, the boy from free willy plays bastian!! Thanks for the post found me a new movie!! :)
  • Dec 12, 2007, 12:34 PM
    OlivesNCream
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jessb
    omg i never knew they made a number three... i just looked it up, the boy from free willy plays bastian!!! thanks for the post found me a new movie!!!:)

=) Sure thing, not a problem.

I'd been REALLY big into the movies when I was younger, so I was right on top of it when they made the third one-- especially since I had liked that kid who was in 'Free Willy' :lol:

It also started my Jack Black fandom. o.o
  • Dec 22, 2007, 03:06 AM
    irtabby
    Actually there are 4. The last one came out in 2001 and is called tales from the neverending story 4 ; Resurrection, I haven't seen it but it sounds kind of interesting.
  • Dec 23, 2007, 12:35 AM
    jessb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by irtabby
    Actually there are 4. The last one came out in 2001 and is called tales from the neverending story 4 ; Resurrection, I havent seen it but it sounds kind of interesting.

Hummm wow.. well I just went to imdb.com and read the caption... it sounds kind of like the first one, just redone. Thanks I will have to check it out.
  • Dec 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
    OlivesNCream
    Four? Wow lol If I'd have known, I'd have looked for it. Never knew, though-- will have to search.

Thanks!