Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Grants (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   What Grants are availab. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=223111)

• Jun 4, 2008, 08:54 AM
    MrsAbner05
    What Grants are availab.
    Anybody know what grant would be available for a 37 year old male, with only a high school diploma who wants to go back to school to further his education? I have paid for the Grant Kit and it does have the grant listings and all the details you need but there are like 1400 grants to go through and it would take a person forever to go through each one. I'm not trying to be lazy but it's taken me a day so far and I've only gone through about 10. It's just a lot of research and I thought if someone else already knew how to do this, it would be a lot easier.
  • Jun 4, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Lavina
    Grants for college? Well, the most well known grant is the Federal Financial Aid for students. FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can fill it out online, or go to the financial aid office at the college you're planning on attending, and they can help you get started there. They can also help set up student loans, or other grants, and scholarships, if you are not qualified to receive federal financial aid.
  • Jun 11, 2008, 03:00 AM
    free grants
    Adult Education Education Grants and Adult Education and Family Literacy Act State Grants are the grants that provides school education to adults like you. This grants are available at the US Department of Education at the Office of Vocation and Adult Education. The Adult Education State grants program funds literacy and basic skills education programs to help adults become literate, get a secondary school education, or learn English.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsAbner05
    Anybody know what grant would be available for a 37 year old male, with only a high school diploma who wants to go back to school to further his education? I have paid for the Grant Kit and it does have the grant listings and all the details you need but there are like 1400 grants to go through and it would take a person forever to go through each one. I'm not trying to be lazy but it's taken me a day so far and I've only gone through about 10. It's just a lot of research and I thought if someone else already knew how to do this, it would be a lot easier.

• Jun 11, 2008, 05:24 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    It is often very easy, have you talked to the actual school you want to go to, If it is a approved school, there should be a aid department that have people to help you find the money to go to school
  • Jul 16, 2008, 06:48 PM
    carrieinmarlow
    Go online and apply for a PELL GRANT. Only takes a few minutes... it's a federal grant.
  • Jul 22, 2008, 05:55 PM
    jenny lynn
    There are 5 solid government grant/scholarship opportunities accessible to you without cost by filing your FASFA form. See my latest Blog entry on this topic on my site. You can also apply for grants/scholarships specific to your state (see the link).

You can find a printable checklist "Three Steps to Funding your Education" on the site with
    Specifics and all the web links. Be sure to visit my homepage and Blog for Tips & Talk on grants & scholarships... It's FREE!

Jenny Lynn
  • Jul 30, 2008, 08:58 AM
    msanne22
    I myself was looking for list of grants available. I was checking for more information on Grants and I chance upon this site The Most Up-to-Date Grant Information

I subscribed to their newsletter and I got regular weekly grant listings, recommendations on grant books, specific instructions for applying on-line. It is very helpful and informative.

You might want to check it out.