Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   Filling in an Answer to a Summons form (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=243067)

• Jul 29, 2008, 01:51 PM
    cvfun
    Filling in an Answer to a Summons form
    I am in CA and received a Summons, being sued by a credit card comp. This is lagit. I downloaded an answer form, but have no instructions on what lines need to be answered or what to put as answers. Many items on this two page form are just a check mark. But if I just use common sense and put a wrong check in, will it be rejected and have to send in a corrected copy?
  • Jul 29, 2008, 02:48 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cvfun
    I am in CA and received a Summons, being sued by a credit card comp. This is lagit. I downloaded an answer form, but have no instructions on what lines need to be answered or what to put as answers. Many items on this two page form are just a check mark. But if I just use common sense and put a wrong check in, will it be rejected and have to send in a corrected copy?

What is your defense? That will determine how to fill in the form.
  • Jul 29, 2008, 03:32 PM
    cvfun
    Judy Kay, I can't find anything on the site that says how to "reply" to your answer. Is this all I need to do to reply?
  • Jul 29, 2008, 03:45 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Judy Kay, I can't find anything on the site that says how to "reply" to your answer. Is this all I need to do to reply? ?

Yes, that's it -
  • Jul 29, 2008, 05:17 PM
    cvfun
    First, I don't have a defense. I had a credit card that I can no longer pay. I am paying a debt settlement company to negotiate a settlement. The credit card company does not want to work with the settlement company and are suing me. I received a summons for which I need to file an answer. I printed out an answer form. My question, is there a site I can go to with a sample answer form, that would give me suggestions on what questions I need and do not need to answer. And if I answer incorrectly, will my answer form be rejected or just accepted as is?
  • Jul 30, 2008, 05:37 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

first, I don't have a defense. I had a credit card that I can no longer pay. I am paying a debt settlement company to negotiate a settlement. The credit card company does not want to work with the settlement company and are suing me. I received a summons for which I need to file an answer. I printed out an answer form. My question, is there a site I can go to with a sample answer form, that would give me suggestions on what questions I need and do not need to answer. And if I answer incorrectly, will my answer form be rejected or just accepted as is?

There is lots of info on debt settlement companies, most of it not favorable.

And, yes, if your answer is legally insufficient it will be disregarded.