Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Crafts (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Craft Booth (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=130479)

• Sep 17, 2007, 08:26 AM
    LearningAsIGo
    Craft Booth
    I'm taking a creative leap and I've signed up for a table at our company's craft sale. Its just a small event for employees only, but I want to stand out above the rest. I will be selling beaded jewelry (lanyards, bracelets, earrrings, necklaces).

As a buyer, what would grab your attention so you'd come visit my table?

As a seller, what tips can you share to display jewelry?

I have a very limited budget, so I'd appreciate creative ways to display without spending much. This will be indoors, so I won't have a tent or be able to hang anything from the ceiling.
  • Sep 17, 2007, 09:25 AM
    startover22
    Quality... and shine. Good luck, this is just great!
    EDIT::::: I forgot about display as well...
    One more thing, my mother in law has a nice antique store. She had her friends bring up the jewelry they made. She has it hung on a small tree. No leaves, just branches, she painted it brown and stuck the trunk part in a piece of wieghted wood. It is absolutely beautiful. The tree limbs are bare, they hae little lims on them for bracelets and such... just beautiful
  • Sep 17, 2007, 11:29 AM
    firmbeliever
    3 Attachment(s)
    The tree idea start gave is a good one.

How about a (clothes) rack of jewellery.

Or a glass bottles with your beadwork around its neck and body.

Or picture frames with your work hanging inside/over it.

Or a Pot of beadwork.

Or glasses of beadwork.

You could have a theme like a picnic, with baskets and cups and plates of beadwork.
    Or maybe an indoor theme like a feast of beadwork,with your work arranged as a table layout for a feast.
  • Sep 17, 2007, 11:29 AM
    startover22
    Ohhh, good ideas Frim... very good
  • Sep 17, 2007, 12:57 PM
    LearningAsIGo
    Firm,
    That bottom copper pail with pebbles... you won't believe this but I have a square one AND those pebbles! I just need to hunt for a bendable twig ;)

Thanks for the help Firmbeliever & Startover22 :D
  • Sep 17, 2007, 01:02 PM
    firmbeliever
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo
    Firm,
    That bottom copper pail with pebbles... you won't believe this but I have a square one AND those pebbles! I just need to hunt for a bendable twig ;)

Thanks for the help Firmbeliever & Startover22 :D

I am so glad it helped.

Find some plastic twigs or even better copper wire, then wrap green coloured twine and real flowers on it.And add the jewellery, create a pretty garden.:)

Remember to post a pic after your done, I am sure whichever you choose,it will be beautiful.
  • Sep 17, 2007, 01:04 PM
    startover22
    Ohhh I can't wait to hear about it... I love stuff like this. Craft fairs and booths... oh I wish I could go!
  • Sep 20, 2007, 09:29 AM
    startover22
    Have you gone yet? Or is it down the road... I am waiting to hear... I just love craft shows...
  • Sep 20, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Harvey1955
    Now that's what I call getting your question answered. Good job.
  • Sep 21, 2007, 06:26 AM
    LearningAsIGo
    Quote:

Find some plastic twigs or even better copper wire, then wrap green coloured twine and real flowers on it.And add the jewellery, create a pretty garden
    That would be so lovely!

The sale is October 12th. I'll post back the results :)
  • Sep 21, 2007, 06:38 AM
    startover22
    Perfect! I hope it is wonderful!
  • Sep 21, 2007, 01:09 PM
    firmbeliever
    Quote:

That would be so lovely!

The sale is October 12th. I'll post back the results :)

And some pics please!! :p
  • Oct 1, 2007, 01:40 PM
    startover22
    Are you almost ready?
  • Oct 16, 2007, 07:14 AM
    LearningAsIGo
    Well, the craft sale was Friday and I think it was a success!

Granted, it was slow since only coworkers (not open to the public) could attend. Plus, 4 out of 7 tables were jewelers like myself. Still, I met my sales goal in our 4 hour limit. :) I've signed up for our December sale, which everyone says is double in size and sales.

Here's a few pics of my table set up (my photography skills are not great). Thanks for all the great tips/advise you've all shared! :)

Earrings in dish
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...1/DSC04803.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...1/DSC04811.jpg
  • Oct 16, 2007, 07:17 AM
    startover22
    Holy cow... how pretty, you did so good! Oh I am so happy for you... I love it all!
  • Oct 16, 2007, 07:58 AM
    firmbeliever
    WOW! Beautiful work.
    I could not have imagined this even when I suggested my ideas.

Wonderful display!:)
    I loved the ear ring cards.Very nice!

I have a small suggestion for next time.
    Try a plain tableclothe, this way the colours of your work are better displayed.
  • Oct 22, 2007, 01:15 PM
    LearningAsIGo
    Thanks all for your support; it really helped encourage me to sell... and I've even started an online shop. :)
  • Oct 22, 2007, 02:39 PM
    firmbeliever
    WOW! Nice...
    I love your online shop.
  • Oct 22, 2007, 03:14 PM
    startover22
    I hope I can get on there and support you sweet... looks so good your store... looks so lovely..
  • May 17, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Minniesmom
    Quote:

I'm taking a creative leap and I've signed up for a table at our company's craft sale. Its just a small event for employees only, but I want to stand out above the rest. I will be selling beaded jewelry (lanyards, bracelets, earrrings, necklaces).

As a buyer, what would grab your attention so you'd come visit my table?

As a seller, what tips can you share to display jewelry?

I have a very limited budget, so I'd appreciate creative ways to display without spending much. This will be indoors, so I won't have a tent or be able to hang anything from the ceiling.

The tree display sounds great! Also, you can use cork easels to pin up your jewelry, or cardboard covered in black or other color velvet on an easel. Also, make a nice large colorful sign for your table (or canopy). Have some standing mirrors so your customers can actually try on your jewelry and see what it looks like on them. Use a black table cover that touches the ground and hide your boxes and trash and stuff underneath. If it goes into the evening hours, use rope lights around the inside of the canopy of around the tables if necessary.