Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Spyware, Viruses, etc. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=477)
-   -   Spyware attack alert warning. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=308946)

• Jan 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
    hmrbri
    Spyware attack alert warning.
    Hi,
    I recently had highspeed hooked up and now I have a "Spyware attack alert" when windows opens.
    I downloaded "super anti spyware" and scaned. It found all spyware(?) and removed them but I still get the "Spyware attack alert" when windows open.
    How do I get rid of the alert.
    Or do I still have the malware?
    Thoughts? Better antispyware recommendations?
    Thanks
    Bri
  • Jan 26, 2009, 02:01 PM
    starfirefly

That's the new scam , it pops up saying you have a virus so you need to download this anti spyware program, but what you actually are downloading is the virus, it happened to me and I had to get my comp formatted
  • Jan 26, 2009, 02:39 PM
    seahwk83

What is exact message you get when it shows up
  • Jan 26, 2009, 03:32 PM
    hmrbri

Here is the window that open right before my desktop opens.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../bumper004.jpg
    The only way to close it is the task manager.
  • Jan 26, 2009, 03:54 PM
    seahwk83

This seems to be a new one out

Start, run and type msconifg and then the startup tab

-Go down list of checked items and look for anything out of ordinary - If you are not sure what a prgram does that is there, post it here

After checking msconfig, I would recommend downloading and running Malwarebytes, you can use this without having to purchase
    Malwarebytes.org

After that, let it fix what it finds and post back, hopefully this will help
  • Jan 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
    starfirefly

This looks similar to what I had
  • Jan 28, 2009, 02:30 AM
    hmrbri

Solved my problem,
    Running spybot and also found a deliquent file in my start menu.
    Thanks for the fast answers.
    Brian
  • Jan 28, 2009, 03:10 AM
    basnowdon
    Hi Guys

I have turned on my computer to the same message this morning. I can not seen to access any part of my computer other than explorer.

Could someone help me to get up the start menu?

Thanks all!

Ben
  • Jan 28, 2009, 03:13 AM
    Curlyben
    Quote:

Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    I would recommend downloading and running Malwarebytes, you can use this without having to purchase
    Malwarebytes.org

After that, let it fix what it finds and post back, hopefully this will help

Go and grab Malwarebytes, this will resolve your issue and no doubt a whole host of others as well.
  • Jan 28, 2009, 03:21 AM
    basnowdon

Hi...

I have installed a couple of spyware removers and ran scans through these which found spyware and destroyed it but to no avail, the message still comes up and my desktop does not come up... I have installed the malwarebytes and running a scan now, hopefully this may irradicate the problem... will get back to you :-)
  • Jan 28, 2009, 08:36 AM
    seahwk83

Hopefully that will get it

Also check above recommendation about startup menu

What operating system you're running, and its version.

What is the exact text of the error message if possible, this may convey a lot of information.
  • Jan 28, 2009, 09:28 AM
    hmrbri

I found a program in my add/remove list called "start-up scan" with the shield icon.
    Removed it and ran spybot and Regcure. Andnow it seems OK.
    Hope this helps.
    Bri
  • Jan 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
    seahwk83

Sounds like you got it
  • Jan 28, 2009, 11:34 AM
    hmrbri

Cheers!
  • Feb 28, 2009, 07:43 PM
    kumarkarl

I have Installed spywaredoctor software to remove spyware in my PC. It is dected 36 spyware file. I am trying to delete spyware from my PC it is asking licence key. Idon't have licence key for spywaredoctor6.0. I don't have licence key, could any once provide me the key. Thanks for helping.
  • Feb 28, 2009, 07:44 PM
    kumarkarl
    I have Installed spywaredoctor software to remove spyware in my PC. It is dected 36 spyware file. I am trying to delete spyware from my PC it is asking licence key. Idon't have licence key for spywaredoctor6.0. I don't have licence key, could any once provide me the key. Thanks for helping.
  • Feb 28, 2009, 07:47 PM
    seahwk83

Spyware doctor is not free, they want you to scan and to fix issues it finds, they want you to pay for it - It will fix issues found, but have to pay for that one

As mentioned earlier in this question, download and run Malwarebytes
  • Mar 25, 2009, 12:24 AM
    jamesbraken

Try to download and install the avg free anti virus, superanti spyware and malwarebytes from their respective sites.
    Boot your computer in the safe mode and run the scan one by one.
    Reboot the computer in the normal mode and optimize the windows by deleting junk files(temp,%temp%, prefetch). Steps start - run - type temp,prefetch... delete all the files found and optimize the browser.
    You also can check startup entry from msconfig.