Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   How to fill pressure tank the first time (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=816811)

• Oct 6, 2015, 02:04 AM
    Juanitab
    How to fill pressure tank the first time
    How do I get my pressure bladder tank to fill up the first time
  • Oct 6, 2015, 02:07 AM
    Juanitab
    How to fill water well pressure tank the first time
    I just installed a new pressure bladder tank on my water well, it is not filling up how do I get it to completely fill up
  • Oct 6, 2015, 04:18 AM
    hkstroud
    Check your air pre-charge pressure. It should be 2 lbs. less than your pump cut on pressure when the tank is empty. Open a faucet and turn the power on to the pump.

Quote:

it is not filling up how do I get it to completely fill up
    Note: When properly installed a bladder tank will only fill to approximately 1/3 its total volume.
  • Oct 6, 2015, 07:32 AM
    jlisenbe
    Might add that when you first install a bladder tank, there is air above the bladder (normal) and air below the bladder (not normal). Given several weeks, the air below the bladder is absorbed by the water and then the tank fills properly. You are probably noticing that the tank feels unexpectedly "light". That will resolve itself over time.
  • Oct 6, 2015, 05:15 PM
    Juanitab
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Might add that when you first install a bladder tank, there is air above the bladder (normal) and air below the bladder (not normal). Given several weeks, the air below the bladder is absorbed by the water and then the tank fills properly. You are probably noticing that the tank feels unexpectedly "light". That will resolve itself over time.

Have another question. The pump and tank on up a hill from our house, when I turn on a faucet at the bottom out side it causes the pump to stop pumping water. I have to turn off everything and let the pump refill the 52 gal tank. What to do to fix this? And it takes 5-6 minutes to recycle, is that normal or not?
  • Oct 6, 2015, 06:49 PM
    jlisenbe
    If you turn on a faucet in the house, does the water flow at an acceptable rate for, say, 15 minutes, or does the flow gradually slow down to more like a trickle?

What is the make of your tank? Flotec, perhaps? At 52 gallons, your tank should be able to deliver 8 or 9 gallons of water before the pump has to cut back on. Can it do that?
  • Oct 8, 2015, 05:30 AM
    Juanitab
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you turn on a faucet in the house, does the water flow at an acceptable rate for, say, 15 minutes, or does the flow gradually slow down to more like a trickle?

What is the make of your tank? Flotec, perhaps? At 52 gallons, your tank should be able to deliver 8 or 9 gallons of water before the pump has to cut back on. Can it do that?

It is a Utilitech brand
    When it stops pumping by turning on the faucet at the lowest point, and after I get it back up to pressure by turning off everything and I do not turn on that faucet out side at the bottom of the hill, so far, 2 days, it seems to be working fine. Yes it does put out at least 9 gpm, maybe more now that I have gotten the above problem figured, just do not understand why that one faucet, which is at the very lowest point of the hill would cause it to stop working. Thanks