Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dolls (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=550)
-   -   How to tell if a Barbie doll is valuable? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=571016)

• Apr 17, 2011, 05:23 PM
    jmjoseph
    How to tell if a Barbie doll is valuable?
    During a recent church fundraiser, a yard sale, we were given an entire storage unit of odds and ends. In that cache, was a box of old, loved, Barbie dolls. I am trying to get the most out of this gift, and am wondering if anyone can give me any tell-tale signs of the ones that collector's are willing to give top dollar for. None of these are in the original boxes.

I understand that the date that's stamped on the rear end is the date of the specific mold, and "1966" could go well into this century.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
  • Apr 17, 2011, 06:38 PM
    Wondergirl

You're in luck. There's a Barbie collector guide that lists history of the various dolls and value. I'll post a link after I find it. Your library has it or can get it for you. (The library also has a book or two, or can get those books for you, that tells you how and where to sell such things.)

Amazon.com: The Ultimate Barbie Doll Book (9780873413978): Marcie Melillo: Books

(Welcome back, jmjoseph!)
  • Apr 18, 2011, 05:08 AM
    jmjoseph

Thanks Wondergirl. (I've been REALLY busy lately)
  • Oct 24, 2011, 01:13 PM
    almondmoose
    I like to sniff my own farts. Poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooop my toilet bowl is shiney. I lick my buthole. Do you want to scratch my crack? I made out with a barbie doll. I drank my pee yesterday let me just tell you that stuff does not taste like lemonade. Eat my blatter.I want to vomit on you. Lick the freckle on my but. I know were you live, I'm serious. Apple bannana cantulope. Peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy. Stop reading this or I will stab you with a chain saw I am going to leave good bye... go away!! I'm serious!! OK you can stop now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr
  • Oct 28, 2011, 12:57 PM
    jmjoseph
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almondmoose View Post
    I like to sniff my own farts. poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooop my toilet bowl is shiney. I lick my buthole. do you want to scratch my crack? I made out with a barbie doll. I drank my pee yesterday let me just tell you that stuff does not taste like lemonade. eat my blatter.I want to vomit on you. lick the freckle on my but. I know were you live, im serious. apple bannana cantulope. peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy peggy. stop reading this or i will stab you with a chain saw i am going to leave good bye...... go away!!! im serious!!!!!! ok you can stop now. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr

Can someone please handle this? Looks like someone is playing with Mommy's computer again.