Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Writing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   Need a character's name (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=755372)

• Jun 25, 2013, 10:55 AM
    SmileyRedhead
    Need a character's name
    Hello! I'm writing a story and its anime (So please, no American, mainstream, traditional names) and I was having trouble naming the one of the main characters. He is a pretty pessimistic guy, mysterious, but extraordinarily smart. He is also super... How should I say this... Mean. He freaking mean. Though he is very driven, and very, veeerrry handsome, therefore, quite the ladies man. He is only so negative due to the part that his elder brother plays. The main character is jealous of his sibling... For... More reasons than one...

P.S: I might be writing another one of these for another one of my characters if you like answering questions like this... Only saying this because I know I do

Help??
  • Jun 25, 2013, 11:35 AM
    LearningAsIGo
    I'm not super familiar with Anime, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe you can at least get inspiration from one of these:

Lynx, Linus/Linux, Merrick, Blayde, Zephyr, Uriah, Boris, Kai, Orion, Phoenix, Loki, Louden, Zeus, Nico, Jax, Simeon, Xan
  • Jun 25, 2013, 11:45 AM
    Wondergirl
    OROCHI = Japanese name meaning "big snake." In mythology,an eight-forked serpent who demanded virgin sacrifices. He was killed by the god-hero Susanoo.
  • Jun 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
    SmileyRedhead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo View Post
    I'm not super familiar with Anime, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe you can at least get inspiration from one of these:

Lynx, Linus/Linux, Merrick, Blayde, Zephyr, Uriah, Boris, Kai, Orion, Phoenix, Loki, Louden, Zeus, Nico, Jax, Simeon, Xan

Thanks for giving a try! But to make you feel better, I'm not that great with anime either but just so you know anime is somewhat and usually based on the japanese culture.
  • Jun 25, 2013, 01:46 PM
    odinn7
    How old are you?

I ask for a reason...
  • Jun 25, 2013, 02:59 PM
    odinn7
    Ok, perhaps I scared you off by asking that... maybe you thought I was looking to poke you or something.

Anyway, I asked because I was going to recommend a film for you but, not knowing your age, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

I love film... One of my guilty pleasures are B movies and from there I have gone a step further into Asian film. No, they aren't Anime but they are somewhat bizarre in many cases.

So, there is a film that I watched a few years ago, a Japanese action/slasher with some incredibly mean characters in it. You should be able to get some decent names from here.

Ichi, the Killer
  • Jun 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
    SmileyRedhead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Ok, perhaps I scared you off by asking that....maybe you thought I was looking to poke you or something.

Anyway, I asked because I was going to recommend a film for you but, not knowing your age, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

I love film...One of my guilty pleasures are B movies and from there I have gone a step further into Asian film. No, they aren't Anime but they are somewhat bizarre in many cases.

So, there is a film that I watched a few years ago, a Japanese action/slasher with some incredibly mean characters in it. You should be able to get some decent names from here.

Ichi, the Killer

Hahaha! It did strike me as bizarre and so I hadn't planned on answering it but now that I know why you're asking it, I'm happy to tell you that I am an adult. Teehee!
  • Jun 26, 2013, 10:17 AM
    smkanand
    Kutil literally means wickedly smart, mean, clever.
  • Jun 27, 2013, 07:35 PM
    SmileyRedhead
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smkanand View Post
    kutil literally means wickedly smart, mean, clever.

I love it! Thank you!