Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Hair Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=500)
-   -   Can hair be cut at home by self? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=736285)

• Feb 26, 2013, 07:55 AM
    Story Writer
    Can hair be cut at home by self?
    Is it possible to self-trim the hair professionally for girls or ladies?
  • Feb 26, 2013, 08:02 AM
    J_9
    Professionally? No, one cannot do it herself at home.
  • Feb 26, 2013, 08:11 AM
    fredg
    You can trim your hair at home, just like my cousin does. She is very careful and has been doing it for many, many years. It looks professional when she finishes. If you make a mistake, it will always grow back!
  • Feb 26, 2013, 08:17 AM
    Story Writer
    How old is she? When has she been trimming her tresses since? What is her hair length and what length does she keep? What's her hair style - simple trim, U-shape, layered, laser or feather?

Can you please post her photo to show how she looks after the self-haircut? Backside as well as front?
  • Feb 26, 2013, 08:18 AM
    Wondergirl
    My husband cuts his own hair and it looks better than if he gets it done at barber shop. Of course, he has been doing it for years and has made many mistakes. He sets up a mirror so he can see the back and uses very sharp scissors and a very good razor -- and is working off an already short hair style.

If you have long hair or want a certain style, I agree with J_9 -- no, don't try this at home. A man's haircut is much less complicated than a woman's.
  • Feb 26, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Story Writer View Post
    How old is she? When has she been trimming her tresses since?

Fredg said she has been doing it for years. As a beginner of cutting your own hair, do you really want to make all those mistakes she undoubtedly made over those years? Go to a beauty shop to have your hair done!
  • Feb 26, 2013, 08:26 AM
    J_9
    Men cutting their hair and women cutting there hair are two different animals. You can't compare the two for the most part.

I am curious though, why are women from India so fascinated with their hair?
  • Feb 26, 2013, 08:43 AM
    Story Writer
    I want to save money and headache of going to parlour time and again. Moreover, no need to wait and no need to tell what you want. To add, one need not fear that your hair may be wrongly cut... is not it? And, all the smell and all!
  • Feb 26, 2013, 09:00 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Story Writer View Post
    one need not fear that your hair may be wrongly cut....

If you cut your own at home, that is a guarantee that it will be wrongly cut.
  • Feb 26, 2013, 09:01 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Men cutting their hair and women cutting there hair are two different animals. You can't compare the two for the most part.

And I agreed with you -- no comparison, especially if hers is long or she wants a certain style.
  • Feb 26, 2013, 01:32 PM
    JudyKayTee
    I'll repeat the question - I believe one person from India has something like 8 threads about her hair and two about her husband's pubic hair.

This OP has eight by herself!

I am also concerned about the requests to post photos - not a good idea unless one of us wants to be the new face under some other name on Facebook - or a dating site.

What is the fascination with hair in India?
  • Feb 26, 2013, 01:59 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'll repeat the question - I believe one person from India has something like 8 threads about her hair and two about her husband's pubic hair.

She told me she has a hair fetish.
  • Feb 26, 2013, 02:32 PM
    JudyKayTee
    And a "photo of AMHD members" fetish?

Could all of the hair questions be combined?

Oh, send me a photo of the back of your hair.
  • Feb 26, 2013, 02:57 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Oh, send me a photo of the back of your hair.

My nape where it is shaved?
  • Feb 26, 2013, 03:11 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Yes, that would work - !
  • Feb 26, 2013, 03:16 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Yes, that would work - !

What will you do with the photos? Or do I want to know?
  • Feb 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
    JudyKayTee
    I'm posting on a dating site and don't want to use my real photo -
  • Feb 26, 2013, 03:23 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

I'm posting on a dating site and don't want to use my real photo -

But does the hair in the fake photo look as good as your own?
  • Feb 26, 2013, 03:51 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Doesn't matter - just so it's not mine.
  • Mar 1, 2013, 09:57 PM
    clairemsmith
    OMG I think this is the same OP who sent me a private message asking me for advice on how to trim her pubic and underarm hair. LOL