Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   What's my chances of being pregnant? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=831648)

• Apr 11, 2017, 12:13 AM
    Skye Redd
    What's my chances of being pregnant?
    Is it possible I am exspecting. I had my last period March 22nd / March 27th and my husband and I had intercorse on the 1st 2nd & 3rd of April he cam in me on the April 2nd & 3rd . I down loaded the P.C app earlier this morning & it said my fertilize window would be from March 30th/ April 5th. What's my chances of being pregnant?
  • Apr 11, 2017, 04:42 AM
    smoothy
    PC apps are worthless. Unless you have medial testing done or keep a daily Basil Temperature chart... you won't know when your fertile period actually is.

Far to many unknown variables for anyone to put a percentage number to what your chances are. Some people try for years before success, others have it happen the first time even if they aren't trying.
  • Apr 11, 2017, 05:29 AM
    ScottGem
    I haven't seen anyone calculate the odds. So there is no way to answer your question. The only thing you can do is wait until the beginning of May. If you haven't gotten your period by then, you can take an HPT.
  • Apr 11, 2017, 02:53 PM
    DoulaLC
    The likelihood is put at approximately 20% of becoming pregnant in any given cycle even with good timing.

If you happened to ovulate within the average, which ovulation calculators follow, you have a chance of being pregnant.

If you happen to be one of the many women who naturally ovulate outside the norm, you wouldn't be pregnant.

Timing is obviously necessary, but it is only one piece of the puzzle. This is why it can take many couples quite a bit of time, even when actively trying.

Actively trying is when you are tracking ovulation to best time intercourse. If you have regular cycles, the app gives you a starting place. Check out other means of tracking ovulation to better get an idea of when you are likely to be close to ovulation.

In addition, if you haven't already, consider making any lifestyle changes that both you and your partner can make to be in the best health possible prior to conceiving.

Good luck!
  • Apr 11, 2017, 05:32 PM
    Alty
    To answer if it's possible that you're expecting. Yes, it is. Any time you have sex, pregnancy is possible. The apps, they're not very accurate. For some women they are, but it really depends on the individual. The most reliable way of determining ovulation is by taking your basal temperature reading every day for 6 months to determine when in your cycle, you ovulate.

There are also ovulation testing kits. It's a lot like a pregnancy test, you pee on it, and it tells you if you're ovulating. I'm not sure of their accuracy, I've never used them. I do know that they can get expensive, and even if you're ovulating, pregnancy isn't a sure thing.

If you're trying to conceive, realize that it can take 6 months to a year for the average couple to conceive. So don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away.

As for this cycle, wait until your next period is due. If you miss it, wait at least a week, 2 will be more accurate, and then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it as well, then test again, or get a blood test at your doctors office, which is more accurate.

If you miss and the test is negative, start prenatal vitamins. It won't harm you at all, but it will make all the difference for your baby. If you drink alcohol, stop. If you're a smoker, talk to your doctor about how to quit. It's not always good to go cold turkey with smoking, but make a plan to quit now, even if you're not pregnant, because if you're planning on becoming pregnant, it's best to stop smoking before you start trying. Eat healthy, lots of fluids, lots of rest.

I hope this turns out the way you want it to. If it doesn't, there's always next month. Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck.