Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Banking (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=191180)

• Mar 4, 2008, 07:24 PM
    xkom12
    My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it
    I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it been two week. I’ve talked to the account manager and said things need to be verify and that why my account is being on hold. I’ve call the bank president and he has done nothing to help me. I need my money and the bank refuse to release it. I told the bank that I need my money cause I am homeless right now. I got evicted from my apartment and now living with a friend. I need to have my money. They have no reason for holding my money. Who can I call to so that I can get my money?
  • Mar 4, 2008, 07:34 PM
    charlotte234s
    You have to call that bank and your bank to ask them to complete the transaction. They obviously have either gotten an order to hold the account, or they need to process things before they do it.
  • Mar 4, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    What nation is the money coming from ?
    How much is it.

There is so much bank fraud, esp using some forms of bank transfers, they often have to have the accounts do the transfers and confirm, it can take several weeks for it all to clear completely. Esp if the bank they are coming from is not part of the same clearning house system they use.
  • Sep 4, 2008, 12:26 PM
    CrimsonPlatypus
    Additionally, if the originiting country is on the Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctioned list (Iran, Libya, Laos, you get the picture), your money can be held indefinitely.

If this is the case, you need to peitition the U.S. Treasury to get your money.
  • Mar 5, 2010, 11:14 AM
    James77
    You should have sent the money tt and made it same day payment, but only small amount so you could go direct to the bank where you money is. Also you should have asked the bank to send you just under the limit money each day western union, or money gram so you would have money in your hand. Also you could have asked the bank to send you bank draft direct to you where you live in small amounts. If you are from usa you should have had the money sent in euro dollars. Privatebanking77
  • Aug 8, 2012, 10:26 AM
    kerrysams74
    If my account is red flagged will I still be able to get my money back out of there or not... please advise
  • Dec 6, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Johnnylately
    My account has been red flagged again this makes the 4th time and they send my checks back... what is the problem, they keep telling me someone hacked into my account?