Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Trouble sleeping/anxiety? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=201168)

• Apr 1, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Destro3000
    Trouble sleeping/anxiety?
    Hey guys.

I'll spare the details because they are littered around on this site anyway. But, even though it's been a few months since me and my girlfriend have broken up, and she has apparently moved on with someone else, I still find myself getting anxiety attacks and not able to sleep over that fact... over what she's doing and the fact that she doesn't want me anymore.

Im just wondering if any of you have found that problem, and if so, how did you get through it (i.e. how to get to sleep, wind down, relax, etc... ) this is becoming a problem as I only have had 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours and I have law school exams coming up in a few weeks.

Im already seeing a therapist for my problems with this breakup (it turned ugly real quick) and am trying to stay away from medication, as I have a VERY addictive personnality.

• Apr 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
    COOKIE MONSTER
    I'm taking anatual calmer their called kalms they work,they don't cost much from the chemist,I take 2, 3 times aday and they are good they stop periods of worry,irritability,stresses and strains you can also get kalms that help you relax enough to get to sleep

But its up to you,they are a natural plant remedy I no you want to stay away from med's that's also why I got them because I don't really want to be on anti depressants I've got 2kids and trying to find an anti depressant that suits you is hard but I found kalms helped me afew years ago so I got sum on Friday and I have been a lot calmer and less stressed
  • Apr 1, 2008, 06:43 PM
    talaniman
    Exercise, during the early evening and a hot bath (no shower, a bath ), two aspirin, and a good book. Nitey night.
  • Apr 1, 2008, 06:51 PM
    jasmine_rezzag
    Try to not think about her,try to focus on your study or other things which could make you happy!if you can keep happy and peaceful,you can sleep well!actually others can't help you,it's up to you,want to be upset or happy!I like to be a happy person and like to have a happy life,so when the same story happened to me,I try every way to make me happy!
  • Apr 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Destro3000
    All fine ideas

Although Jasmine, trust me, I've been trying not to think about her... it kind of happens on its own... everything I do has a link to her somehow..

Doesn't help that I'm not naturally a beacon of happyness... lol
  • Apr 1, 2008, 07:08 PM
    nickshehe
    Go to the gym and work a sweat.. It's the best medicine there is. You vent all that frustration you have and you'll start to feel healthier and you'll start looking better..
    Gym - shower - sleep. Good stuff :)