Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   Not my "LITTLE" son any more (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=751357)

• May 30, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    2 Attachment(s)
    Not my "LITTLE" son any more
    Well my youngest son, (only 12) is now taller than his mom, and almost as tall as I am. These were taken two days ago, outside Walmart, here in Zhengzhou.
  • May 30, 2013, 07:55 AM
    odinn7
    Wow... haha, it won't be long until he is taller than you, will it?
  • May 30, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Not long at all, as of last week, he wears the same size shoe as I do.
  • Jun 3, 2013, 02:33 PM
    earl237
    How long are you living in China? Hope you're having a good time.
  • Jun 3, 2013, 02:38 PM
    joypulv
    I wondered if that was your wife in front of the vending machine.
  • Jun 3, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Alty
    I feel your pain Chuck. My 14 year old son is taller than my husband (my husband is 6'1"), and has bigger feet than hubby too. Right now he's the tallest person in the house (which isn't likely to change unless my 10 year old daughter has a major growth spurt).

He's only 14, not done growing! He's going to be a giant!
  • Jun 3, 2013, 02:48 PM
    Wondergirl
    My sister's daughter is 6 feet tall and married a guy 7 feet tall. They have a newish baby. Wonder how tall she will be someday.
  • Jun 3, 2013, 02:53 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    My sister's daughter is 6 feet tall and married a guy 7 feet tall. They have a newish baby. Wonder how tall she will be someday.

They say that most kids will outgrow their parents. So far that's ringing true for me, at least with Jared. Sydney is tall too, she's over 5 feet tall and only 10.

I'm 5'11", Hubby is 6'1", Jared is a bit over 6'2" right now, but still growing. Syd, I have to measure, but I'm pretty sure she'll end up taller than me. Hopefully not taller than hubby.
  • Jun 3, 2013, 03:37 PM
    earl237
    You tall people are so lucky, I'm barely 5' 7", although I look taller because my waist is very slim. It's so hard to find pants that aren't 2 or 3 inches too long and they have a rack full of size 44 jeans but hardly any 30s. There are stores for tall men and women, but no stores for smaller guys.
  • Jun 3, 2013, 04:21 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    You tall people are so lucky, I'm barely 5' 7", although I look taller because my waist is very slim. It's so hard to find pants that aren't 2 or 3 inches too long and they have a rack full of size 44 jeans but hardly any 30s. There are stores for tall men and women, but no stores for smaller guys.

Earl, there are stores for tall people, but who can afford them? You can buy a pair of pants probably for $20-$40 and have them hemmed for a reasonable price (where I live it would be around $5 to hem), and they'll fit.

Me, no option. I have to buy pants at a store for tall people. A crappy ugly pair of pants will cost me around $100 on sale.

I'd much rather be short and hem my pants, than be forced to buy pants for hundreds of dollars because I'm tall.