Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Nickelodeon off the air (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=134776)

• Sep 28, 2007, 05:49 AM
    RickJ
    Nickelodeon off the air
    I'm not one for political correct do-gooderisms... and admittedly this one could be argued as a marketing scheme... but I won't be in that camp.

Nickelodeon is going to go off the air for 3 hours to tell the kids to go out and play :)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ck=1&cset=true
  • Sep 28, 2007, 05:53 AM
    curlybenswife
    LOL what about the other 50 kids channels??
  • Sep 28, 2007, 05:54 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Booooo... It wants me to sign up to read that page!

*Applauds Nickelodeon* though! Good on them, even if it is a marketing ploy!

(Always loved "Ed, Edd and Eddy " too!)
  • Sep 28, 2007, 05:54 AM
    J_9
    I don't subscribe the Chicago Tribune, so I can't view the article. I don't want to get into politics, but health issues, you know I am there.

Childhood obesity is an epidemic in the US. One reason, too much TV. I remember not having any children's programming (or very little actually) growing up except for the most exciting day of the week SATURDAY!! For about 3 hours we had cartoons, oh the joys of Saturday.

What did we do the rest of the week? We played. We were healthier than the generation of today. Not all because of TV and cartoons, but that is a part of the health problem.
  • Sep 28, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Tuscany
    That actually makes me chuckle... On Fridays my homework is usually Go outside to play... but kids don't know how to play like we used too...
  • Sep 28, 2007, 06:04 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9
    I don't subscribe the the Chicago Tribune, so I can't view the article. I don't want to get into politics, but health issues, you know I am there.

Childhood obesity is an epidemic in the US. One reason, too much TV. I remember not having any children's programming (or very little actually) growing up except for the most exciting day of the week SATURDAY!!! For about 3 hours we had cartoons, oh the joys of Saturday.

What did we do the rest of the week? We played. We were healthier than the generation of today. Not all because of TV and cartoons, but that is a part of the health problem.

Possibly the best post I've read all week! Made me smile and very nostalgic for "Live and Kicking" ... oh the good old days of "playing out" all day long! Very true as well! Big up your bad self J_9! :D
  • Sep 28, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Nez
    Yo.Bring back Tiswas,and the Phantom Pie Thrower.And Spit the dog... :D
  • Sep 28, 2007, 04:20 PM
    RickJ
    Odd... I don't subscribe either, but pulled the article off a Google search. I heard it on Paul Harvey this morning so just googled it and found a link. I don't know why y'all can't see it. I do remember that there were links to other news sites about it.
  • Sep 29, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Moomin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    LOL what about the other 50 kids channels????

Heck yes CBW!
    It would have been good if the TV companies (well more than one) had got together and shown a united front!

Will all the nic channels be doing it at once?
  • Sep 29, 2007, 07:44 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nez
    Yo.Bring back Tiswas,and the Phantom Pie Thrower.And Spit the dog... :D

And steam-trains? He he he... only messing! :D :D
  • Sep 29, 2007, 07:46 AM
    sGt HarDKorE
    Ed Edd and Eddy is Cartoon Network iAMfromHuntersBar, it use to be my favorite show
  • Sep 29, 2007, 09:05 AM
    magprob
    I'm more of a Jay Jay the Jet Plane kind of guy. I believe that if the leaders of this world all sat down together and watched, the world would be a nicer place.