Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   Poor little US (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=839273)

• Jun 9, 2018, 04:15 PM
    paraclete
    Poor little US
    Or is that the poor little US?

Trump demands an end to unfair trade practices. HUH!

G7 summit: Donald Trump demands end to 'unfair' trade after meeting - Donald Trump's America - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Is he saying some have been better at it than the best? Some economies have been unwilling to have their economies trampled by the US and this is somehow unfair. A word to Mr. Trump, if American industries fled America for lower cost countries it is because you were paying yourselves too much and exploiting the opportunities they presented. Don't look over the border for your problems, look right where you come from

after reimposing tariffs he says there should be no tariffs, can you trust this man? this isn't the art of the deal, it is the art of double speak
  • Jun 9, 2018, 07:22 PM
    Athos
    No, he is not remotely trustworthy. Double-speak requires at least some intelligence. He doesn't even have that.

As an American who served his country in the military as millions did, I am thoroughly embarrassed by Trump's child-like behavior at the G7 Meeting in Canada. His ridiculous tweets from his airplane after walking out of the meeting like a spoiled child are clearly showing his desire to end the world order that has prevented world war for almost 75 years.

There is no question that this traitor is COLLUDING with Russia to establish a strong-man hegemony over the world. There is no question that this traitor is making millions of dollars in direct violation of the US Constitution.

It is time for all decent Americans - pointing at the establishment Republicans - to end this fiasco in the White House.
  • Jun 10, 2018, 12:14 AM
    paraclete
    Quote:

It is time for all decent Americans - pointing at the establishment Republicans - to end this fiasco in the White House.

Only the indecent americans want to do that
  • Jun 10, 2018, 07:01 AM
    talaniman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    No, he is not remotely trustworthy. Double-speak requires at least some intelligence. He doesn't even have that.

As an American who served his country in the military as millions did, I am thoroughly embarrassed by Trump's child-like behavior at the G7 Meeting in Canada. His ridiculous tweets from his airplane after walking out of the meeting like a spoiled child are clearly showing his desire to end the world order that has prevented world war for almost 75 years.

There is no question that this traitor is COLLUDING with Russia to establish a strong-man hegemony over the world. There is no question that this traitor is making millions of dollars in direct violation of the US Constitution.

Good luck waiting for the sycophants and loonies to restore sanity. Why should they since The Mad King Dufus is everything they have ever wanted and then some. Senate Leader Mitch will probably retain his power, and he got his tax cut and Scotus pick, while he keeps pushing lower level judges through. He is happy as a lark! House Leader Ryan is out the door, so what does he care about but making big bucks as a private citizen, so doing the right thing is out of the question. That leaves US to correct the course the loonies have INTERUPTED!

That surely won't be easy since the Mad King Dufus is insulated until 2020, no matter what happens in this years election. Helluva challenge for the common sense Americans. Hey can we hire that Avenati dude to help us out? You think he has time with his own case load and all?

Not to scare anyone but if his antics in Quebec are any indication of his coming antics in Singapore, then we all better brace for whatever comes out of it.
  • Jun 10, 2018, 10:50 AM
    tomder55
    <sarc> Thank God we have a President who will save us from that Canadian threat !!!</sarc>
    Justin Trudeau says he will impose retaliatory measures to answer President Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum: How's that going to work out for the American consumer ? He better not do any import restrictions on
    Sortilège
  • Jun 10, 2018, 11:29 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Justin Trudeau says he will impose retaliatory measures to answer President Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum: How's that going to work out for the American consumer ? He better not do any import restrictions on
    Sortilège

Who's the problem here, Trump or Trudeau????
  • Jun 10, 2018, 11:51 AM
    talaniman
    After all the smack The Mad King Dufus has talked about our ALLIES about trade, Kudlow hollers about Trudeau stabbing Dufus in the back after he leaves! I always thought you smack people over the head, talk crap, throw rocks, bully folks, that you shouldn't be surprised if they stand their ground and defend themselves against you.

This could also be a show for the other dictator nut The Mad King Dufus has a "SUMMIT" with! MKD doesn't have to play crazy does he? Kim has to know he is dealing with a lying cheating loud mouth bully to begin with and it's only a photo op in the first place. You know eat cheeseburgers and smile for the cameras.

What you thought a BIG DEAL was going to happen? "Have your people call my people" is a more accurate description of this whole sham!
  • Jun 10, 2018, 12:20 PM
    tomder55
    Who's the problem here, Trump or Trudeau???? Trump obviously. If he can't negotiate deals with our closest allies for common trade items , then how is he going to do negotiating nuclear disarmament with one of our biggest foes ?
  • Jun 10, 2018, 03:32 PM
    Athos
    Kudlow is a Giuliani-in-training.
  • Jun 10, 2018, 03:59 PM
    paraclete
    Trump can't fish and cut bait at the same time. The G7 meeting was one meeting too many in a short time. When he can't bully to get his way he looses it, a characteristic of all bullies. He has just demonstrated how weak he is
  • Jun 11, 2018, 01:26 PM
    tomder55
    I heard a theory that his behavior at the G7 was intended to send a message to un-Kim. We'll see what tomorrow brings .
  • Jun 11, 2018, 02:26 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I heard a theory that his behavior at the G7 was intended to send a message to un-Kim. We'll see what tomorrow brings .

Kim's still laughing and rubbing his hands together in gleeful anticipation.
  • Jun 11, 2018, 02:41 PM
    paraclete
    Trump's behaviour sends a message, he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic
  • Jun 11, 2018, 03:41 PM
    talaniman
    They both want pictures of themselves on the world stage. Mission accomplished. The Dufus returns to the fake news and so does Kim.
  • Jun 11, 2018, 07:34 PM
    paraclete
    Pictures they have
  • Jun 12, 2018, 04:13 AM
    talaniman
    Nice visuals and talking is better than fighting, but we have to wait to see what comes of it. I've seen this show before, not as elaborate as this version, but we all know what goes on after the cameras have been turned off is what counts.

They cut the ribbon, broke the ground, but they still have to build the skyscraper.
  • Jun 12, 2018, 06:13 AM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Nice visuals and talking is better than fighting, but we have to wait to see what comes of it. I've seen this show before, not as elaborate as this version, but we all know what goes on after the cameras have been turned off is what counts.

They cut the ribbon, broke the ground, but they still have to build the skyscraper.

Form over substance Tal, lots of nice words and pats on the back. Kim gets a stop to military exercises, Trump already has destruction of the test site and he will get some bodies back after 60 years
  • Jun 12, 2018, 07:35 AM
    talaniman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Form over substance Tal, lots of nice words and pats on the back. Kim gets a stop to military exercises, Trump already has destruction of the test site and he will get some bodies back after 60 years

We haven't verified he blew up the test site but he hasn't withdrawn NK troops from the DMZ. What about the Japanese hostages? I'm sure South Korea and Japan will have something to say about The Deal.
  • Jun 12, 2018, 03:43 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    We haven't verified he blew up the test site but he hasn't withdrawn NK troops from the DMZ. What about the Japanese hostages? I'm sure South Korea and Japan will have something to say about The Deal.

I'm sure SK and Japan have much to say but they weren't the ones talking nuclear war, so their demands are a side show. It doesn't matter where Kim withdraws his troops to, they are still a short walk to Soeul, the plan isn't to get NK to demilitarise, just put down the nukes. I doubt Trump cares about anything else and Trump's opinion on war games becomes obvious, just expensive grandstanding. SK has taken a lead in this and so might benefit economically if they are careful and don't give the farm away. Japan have to live with history, I understand if NK don't like them
  • Jun 13, 2018, 08:35 AM
    tomder55
    Think about the possibilities . A rail or road going from NORK directly to Russia towards Vladivostok would completely bypass the Chinese silk road ambition . A bridge link from Japan to that road would be a double dagger to their ambition.