Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Television (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   80's HBO animated short (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=92986)

• May 15, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Gado1701
    80's HBO animated short
    Does anyone remember or can you tell me where I can find the animated short that was on HBO in the 80's about the Italian sounding guy who kept asking "eh, who is it?" and it turns out he was in an egg? I appreciate all the help.
  • May 17, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Jhadious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gado1701
    does anyone remember or can you tell me where I can find the animated short that was on HBO in the 80's about the Italian sounding guy who kept asking "eh, who is it?" and it turns out he was in an egg? i appreciate all the help.

Omg someone else remembers these shorts... I wish I could remember their names as well sorry I'm not of much help, I'm trying to find the one where the kid kept looking in the toilet saying "there's a cockaboody(sp) in my toilet!" or where the man gets attacked by the reels of film.

Jhadious
  • Apr 7, 2009, 09:18 AM
    librat873
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhadious View Post
    omg someone else remembers these shorts.... i wish i could remember their names as well sorry im not of much help, i'm trying to find the one where the kid kept looking in the toilet saying "there's a cockaboody(sp) in my toilet!" or where the man gets attacked by the reels of film.

Jhadious

Holy cow. I have been searching the last few days you are the first person I have ever found who knows about "cockaboody" my sister and I still say it. I have been looking as well please let me know if you find anything. I even emailed HBO
  • Apr 7, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Quinn F

Cockaboody: YouTube - Cockaboody - 1973
    Flesh Eating Film Reels: YouTube - Recorded Live - Flesh Eating Film Reels (1975)
  • Jan 20, 2010, 05:41 AM
    rdavid7
    Looking for an hbo short animated I believe it's called time to run. Some alien looking person running in weird backgrounds to synthesized music I also believe the only lyrics are "time to run"
  • Jan 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
    straydog
    "does anyone remember or can you tell me where I can find the animated short that was on HBO in the 80's about the Italian sounding guy who kept asking "eh, who is it?" and it turns out he was in an egg? i appreciate all the help."

The Killing of an Egg

a.k.a. Ei om Zeep
  • Jan 31, 2010, 05:37 PM
    Cathy1999

This is not answer,but a related question. There was an animated short that featured a singing frock strolling through the country side strumming a guitar that I think was on HBO during the late 70's or early 80's? Would anyone know that video/short? Thank you.
  • Jan 31, 2010, 05:38 PM
    Cathy1999
    I meant frog... sorry about the typo
  • Feb 1, 2010, 06:29 PM
    straydog

Try,.

The Butterfly Ball
    Love is All
  • May 11, 2010, 11:33 PM
    help_maby
    Not a answer but a question as well,. it's been bugging me for months, I can see it in my mind and for the life of me haven't had any luck finding it. It's about these 2 blob looking things playing music on your noses and it's some sort of fuzion jazz I think. And they music mattle, and end up joining togetehr to form a wicked new sound. Loved it as a kid,. Any help would be awsome. Anyone else know it?
  • Mar 7, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Synnastyr
    I am looking for a short involving Da Vinci and a blonde youth. One part was when the kid was posing for the Vitruvian Man he took a bit out of a clove of garlic. Da Vinci slapped him and was inspired by the caroonishly spinning head to draw his helicopter design.

Another one is of a butterfly hunter who sees the largest butterfly in the world and chases him to add to his collection. At the end the hunter was tricked by the butterfly and was added to the butterflies colletion of hunters.

If I can help any of you find yours while searching for mine I will be sure to post a link to it.
  • Mar 7, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Synnastyr
    Comment on Synnastyr's post
    Did find out that the name of these things were typically advertised as HBO Short Takes. Though I don't actually remember this it may help some of you others out.
  • Apr 2, 2011, 08:17 AM
    Ahsirti
    I'm looking for the HBO short with a kid and an ostrich I think, and the kid kept saying.. "but I want to dig the hole".. I believe is was in pencil. Anyone remember this?