Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Body Art (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Getting my ears pierced? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=710822)

• Oct 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
    cuteteddy101
    Getting my ears pierced?
    On Wednesday I'm getting my ears pierced. Can anyone tell me if it will hurt a lot or not and what it feels like.
    I'm really nervous and scared yet I want to do it.
  • Oct 21, 2012, 08:51 PM
    kwelling
    Ha, I just got mine pierced today... it's not bad at all... just laugh about it. Stings a bit at first... then it's fine! Don't think too much about it.
  • Oct 21, 2012, 09:02 PM
    Alty
    It's like a bee sting. It hurts for a second, and than it's fine. It's what you do after the piercing that's most important. Follow the directions the piercer gives exactly. Infection is the worst thing that can happen, and an infection will hurt far more than the piercing ever could.
  • Oct 21, 2012, 10:44 PM
    cuteteddy101
    Thanks a lot, but I also forgot to ask but what do they do to u?
  • Oct 22, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cuteteddy101 View Post
    Thanks a lot, but I also forgot to ask but what do they do to u?

Are you getting a cartilage piercing, or a regular ear piercing?

If it's a regular ear piercing they use something called an ear piercing gun. It's like a spring loaded stapler with one part of the earring on one half, and the back of the earring on the other half. They put a dot on your ear with a marker to mark where they want to pierce, put the gun to your ear and pull the trigger. When the trigger is pulled the two halves come together putting a hole in your ear and joining the front part of the earring with the back.

It's very quick, and it pinches, but other than that it doesn't hurt.

My daughter had her ears pierced when she was 3. The lady did the first ear, she cried a bit, and than forgot all about it and asked to have second ear done because she wanted both ears pierced.

If a three year old can handle it, so can you. :)
  • Oct 22, 2012, 09:06 PM
    cuteteddy101
    Thanks!
    I am just getting a regular ear piercing.
  • Oct 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
    cuteteddy101
    I just got my ears pierced and it hurt more then I expected but it was just for a few seconds.
    It hurt a bit more than an injection.
  • Oct 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
    dontknownuthin
    I had mine pierced when I was a young girl and I was really worried about it. It does hurt, like getting a shot kind of, but just for a fraction of a second. It can be a little sore afterwards but nothing you won't be able to tolerate easily. One thing that takes a lot of pain out of it is shopping for new earrings!

It's really, really important to make sure to do EXACTYLY what you're told to prevent infection. Don't change out your earrings too soon, and keep the piercings clean. If you get lazy or rush changing the posts out to other earrings, you can get an infection and that can hurt more than getting the piercing done.
  • Oct 24, 2012, 02:35 PM
    0rphan
    It really is as quick as blinking... while your thinking about it suddenly it's done.Just be sure to bathe you ears and keep them clean,they will heal in no time at all.
  • Oct 24, 2012, 09:52 PM
    cuteteddy101
    Thanks a lot.
    My ears are doing quite well which I'm very glad about.
    Hope it stays like that.
  • Oct 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
    teacherjenn4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cuteteddy101 View Post
    Thanks a lot.
    My ears are doing quite well which I'm very glad about.
    Hope it stays like that.

Follow your instructions to keep them clean!