Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Word Processing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   I need to upload a screenshot... how to? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=5302)

• Jun 25, 2003, 05:44 AM
    saivstech
    I need to upload a screenshot... how to?
    Hi,

I have a query regarding ms word. But I need to upload a screenshot to support my question. How can I do that or is there anyway so that I can post my screenshot.

SAI
  • Jun 25, 2003, 10:59 AM
    heliotrope
    SAI:

Piece of cake!
    • Make sure the window/item is active.
      Press Alt + Print Screen/SysRq (just above the Insert key).
      Open MS Paint.
      Click on Edit > Paste.
      Click on File > Save As...
      Name it and save it to your PC.
      Close MS Paint.
      Upload the graphic you just saved.

Rose :)
  • Jun 25, 2003, 01:14 PM
    psi42
    I might be wrong, but I think saivstech needs to know how to upload the screenshot onto the web...
  • Jun 25, 2003, 03:33 PM
    heliotrope
    psi42:

Thanks for looking at this from another angle; always helps to have more input.

I thought he'd need to do that in order to display it on the web - turn it into a graphic and upload it just as he would an animation, avatar, signature, etc.

However, he can also select, copy and paste the screenshots he captured into a word document, with whatever text is needed, capture that, then upload it.

I wasn't quite sure what he was going for. Not sure if he wanted to use each screenshot, separately, or create an html document, "on the ground', and go from there.

I suppose it all depends what end result he's going for.

Thanks for the "but, what if he wants this?" ;)

Rose
  • Jun 25, 2003, 11:09 PM
    psi42
    ;D

Seems we are just guessing here :). Hopefully savistech will come back and enlighten us.
    From what I see, I believe he might need help actually uploading an image he has already got--where to put it and what to link to, etc
    I've never had to do that, so all I can do is guess. Maybe just getting free webspace at geocities, uploading the image, and linking to it there? I don't know if that would work...

Hope this helps...
    ~psi42
  • Jun 26, 2003, 03:23 AM
    saivstech
    Hi all,

Thanks for your prompt responses. I appreciate it :).

I forgot to mention that I'm trying to upload the screenshot which is save in word, to the askmehelpdesk only, so that I can ask a question based on that screenshot. Since I'm unable to express the question in simple words, I want to put the screenshot.

Thanks once again.
    SAI
  • Jun 26, 2003, 10:47 AM
    cyrus
    Go to http://www.villagephotos.com/ sign up for a free account then upload your photo to there then get the link to the photo and use the insert image button above to place the link for you uploaded photo...
  • Jul 31, 2008, 10:42 AM
    gamerups
    Try GAMERUPLOAD.COM Music Video and Photo Game Console File Uploads.
    It is really easy. There is no registration and you get a link right after uploading.
  • Feb 26, 2009, 02:21 PM
    kasimcev
    Jet Screenshot (Share screenshots via the internet in seconds: take a screensnap, edit screenshot quickly and send to the internet) is what you need. Freeware screenshot capture tool which allows you to upload screenshot to FTP.
  • Feb 27, 2009, 06:28 AM
    mdosh01
    Display the screen you want to upload. Press the "Print Screen" key. Then open MS Word and press CTRL+V or right-click and click paste. Save the document and upload it to Ask Me.
  • Feb 27, 2009, 06:01 PM
    JBeaucaire

After 6 years, one would hope this person has it worked out by now.
  • Feb 27, 2009, 08:01 PM
    mdosh01

:) Never occurred to me to check the date.
  • Oct 24, 2009, 04:59 PM
    notauser
    Software for quick screenshot publishing - screenshot uploader
  • Nov 2, 2009, 02:50 PM
    incerojohn
    Try uploadscreenshot.com. You can take a screenshot of a window by hitting Alt-Printscreen, or the whole screen by just pressing Printscreen. It'll copy the image to the clipboard, which you can then paste onto uploadscreenshot.com.
  • Jul 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
    leeauteprep
    U can also use EZVID.

Can take screenshots and process it immediately to upload to YouTube.. you can make slideshow out of it and then make one video.