Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Why would a man waste his time chatting with another woman ? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=846827)

• Nov 8, 2019, 08:02 AM
    honeybun35
    Why would a man waste his time chatting with another woman ?
    Everyone thinks it's a bad idea for me to be friends with an ex from the past. I am not dealing with him now but we remained friends. I usually vent to him about someone else.
    We just converse really just to waste time and I guess for entertainment. It's not like we are trying to hook up or anything. I just don't understand the need for our conversation.
    We just have regular conversations as if I would with a female friend. Ok sex is mentioned but it doesn't mean anything it's part of the entertainment of our conversation to make it not boring.

This man is a friend he is in love with his wife.She maybe sleep cause sometimes we can chat until the time we wake up throughout the day until we both fall asleep.I just don't get why because it's not like we are going to see each other. He lives down south and I am up north. When he do come up I don't see him.He have some family still up this way.
  • Nov 8, 2019, 08:24 AM
    J_9
    He isn’t in love with his wife if he is asking you to send him videos of you and the other man having sex. This man is emotionally cheating on his wife.
  • Nov 8, 2019, 08:38 AM
    honeybun35
    but he has been with her for long time. They got married in 2009 . Once I was with him 2014 but even since then they brought a nice big house 2016. They even went to a celebrity wedding 2 mos ago on the island. He must be happy. I am not trying to be with him I am seeing the other guy I post about. Just that this guy always talks bad about that guy and I don't know why. He told me he sees nothing good coming from this. We do talk all the time even when I was on vacation I was chatting with him because I looked at us being friends.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 03:59 AM
    talaniman
    You had sex with him after he was married behind his wifes back, or just meet up behind his wifes back? Neither is good. Nor is the fact that both your ex sex partners know each other. This is just a messy way to go about your friendships or relationships. Stop being so messy and you won't be so confused, or curious. This isn't what one would consider a healthy situation at all.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 05:24 AM
    honeybun35
    I know but I wanted know why he'd waste time. Hatting all these yrs
  • Nov 9, 2019, 06:07 AM
    talaniman
    No the real question is why you let him waste your time?
  • Nov 9, 2019, 10:11 AM
    honeybun35
    I do it cuz im bored at work
  • Nov 9, 2019, 10:17 AM
    talaniman
    That's what I figured.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 10:29 AM
    honeybun35
    But emotional affair is non sex right? We had sex kn past
  • Nov 9, 2019, 10:42 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybun35 View Post
    I do it cuz im bored at work

What work do you do? What's your job?
  • Nov 9, 2019, 10:46 AM
    honeybun35
    Office... insurance....how can it be emotional affair we already had sex in past
  • Nov 9, 2019, 12:08 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Office... insurance....how can it be emotional affair we already had sex in past

Volunteer at an animal shelter, hospital or nursing home, food pantry/soup kitchen. Get busy helping others who have less.

Now the affair is only emotional. Move past that. Ignore him. Say goodbye to him.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 12:25 PM
    honeybun35
    No just bored at work I'm very busy.why when he's an old friend.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 12:40 PM
    Homegirl 50
    You say you don't see the point in conversations with him, stop having them. Tell him you don't think they are appropriate and stop. It's really that simple. You don't help a man cheat on his wife because you are bored. Find something constructive to do with your time
  • Nov 9, 2019, 12:44 PM
    honeybun35
    He's not cheating he's an ex but we've been friends 30 yrs and have mutual friends.he doesn't even see me.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 12:46 PM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

He's not cheating he's an ex but we've been friends 30 yrs and have mutual friends.he doesn't even see me.

But you two manage to misbehave anyway.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 12:49 PM
    Homegirl 50
    Quote:

He does not see you but you have inappropriate conversations. This needs to stop. The fact that you're asking should tell you something.
  • Nov 9, 2019, 01:04 PM
    J_9
    I’m feeling that you thrive on the excitement and the drama and quite possibly have very low self esteem. Any strong woman would not allow herself to be taken advantage of in this manner.