Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Trying for a baby for 9 MONTHS! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=85802)

• Apr 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
    nldaniels86
    Trying for a baby for 9 MONTHS!
    9 months ago, I stopped the mini pill on the hopes of getting pregnant, and having unprotected sex too (with the consent of my boyfriend, and we've both had a checkup etc) and each month, nothing, I mean nothing... im so upset, because I really want a baby now, and I don't know what to do, I know that the pill can affect pregnancies, or the wanting of, but 9 months is sooo long! I'm not stressed, depressed, eating healthy, well, loads actually! Am I being impatient, or is there something wrong?
    Please help
    Xx:(
  • Apr 24, 2007, 11:38 AM
    buggage
    Since you have both been checked out, I doubt that there is anything wrong on your parts. Also keep in mind that it takes at least 3 months for the pill to get out of your system(as your doctor should have told you when you got on the pill), so really you have been trying for 6 months. Also keep in mind that it takes most healthy couples up to 12 months of actively trying to conceive before it is suggested that they seek medical help in conceiving. Charting your basal body temperature (Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com) and using ovulation predictor kits can help you to pinpoint the best times to have sex, to make it most productive. After sex, stay in bed for 20 minutes, with your hips slightly elevated. However, I would stress that if you are trying so hard, and constantly concentrating on getting pregnant, chances are, it will take you longer. Most people who get pregnant right away, are the people who are not actively trying to get pregnant. The stress of trying often times will keep you from they very thing you want. Even if you don't think you are that stressed. Just keep your chin up, relax, enjoy being with your man, and it will come eventually. Its hard to have patience, I know. But really, it's the best advice. I tried for a year (after being on the depo shot, and the pill a few months after that) before I finally conceived our second son. It wasn't until I finally said, I'm tired of trying and if it happens, it happens, that I finally got pregnant. Don't worry, it'll happen, just maybe not as soon as you want. Good luck to you
  • Apr 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
    nldaniels86
    Thank you, that is great help, and I guess I will just have to face facts, wait, and be patient lol! Thank you!
  • Apr 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
    alkalineangel
    I agree... let go and it will be easier on you both... just today another poster just announced her pregnancy after she started not trying SO hard... she had been on here for months with the frustration of actively trying with no results... good luck.