Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=501)
-   -   What are these red marks on my legs? Image attached! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=214711)

• May 11, 2008, 04:18 AM
    hannah_banana
    1 Attachment(s)
    What are these red marks on my legs? Image attached!
    I have had some bumps come up on my leg in the past 2 days. They just look like little spots. They are not close together but there are a few more progressing. The don't itch but are red and they do not look very nice. Could it be to do with shaving legs? I have also had a cold for the past 2 days could they be linked? I have also changed some medication in the last 2 months do you think it could be linked to this?

I have attached an image so that you can see what they look like but they don't look very good fron this camera.

Does anybody have any idea what it could be?

Thanks

Hannah
  • May 11, 2008, 06:49 AM
    bushg
    Have you ever had chicken pox's? To me that is what they look like.

We have a nurse that gets online check back in... she may have a better idea.
  • May 11, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Clough
    I just want to ask, have you changed anything about the way that you have been shaving recently?
  • May 11, 2008, 07:06 AM
    hannah_banana
    I have had chicken pox before. But I think that chicken pox is supposed to itch and this doesn't at all. What is this nurse called so that I can get hold of them!
  • May 11, 2008, 07:08 AM
    hannah_banana
    No I haven't changed anything about the way I shave but I was just thinking that it may be some kind of ingrowing hairs or something.
  • May 11, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Clough
    J_9 is the moniker of the nurse who is probably the main nurse who frequents this site.
    We may have others, but I'm not sure who they are. She would be the main one.
  • May 11, 2008, 07:11 AM
    hannah_banana
    How do I go about talking to her? I'm new to all this!
  • May 11, 2008, 07:19 AM
    bushg
    I left her a message to take a look at your post. Be patient whenshe gets on I am sure that she will respond. There are no set hours that members respond so it may take awhile.
  • May 11, 2008, 07:21 AM
    hannah_banana
    Do I need to send her any mail or have you just done it? Thanks if you have it would be really good to find out what it is. I'm thinking it may even be heat spots or something.
  • May 11, 2008, 07:23 AM
    bushg
    I sent her a message along with this thread. But like I said you will have to wait until she signs on.
  • May 11, 2008, 07:24 AM
    hannah_banana
    Yeah that's cool! Thank you very much for your help! :)
  • May 11, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Clough
    We do try to work as a team here!
  • May 11, 2008, 07:32 AM
    hannah_banana
    I like it. Its really friendly and not scary at all!
  • May 11, 2008, 12:47 PM
    J_9
    Is this ONLY on your legs? I don't believe it is linked to the cold or the medication change. However, without knowing what your medication is, it is hard for me to say.

How old are you?
  • May 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
    hannah_banana
    Yes it is only on my legs although I have 1 or 2 little tiny ones on my face but they have only come up today. As I said earlier they do not itch at all. I am 18!
  • May 11, 2008, 05:19 PM
    J_9
    Have you changed laundry soap? Bath/shower soap? New fabric softener? Eaten any new foods lately?
  • May 12, 2008, 05:02 AM
    hannah_banana
    No I haven't which is why I think it is strange. The ones that were a bit smaller have become like the ones in the image now. But its weird that they don't hurt they are just there.
  • May 12, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Scleros
    They look like an allergic reaction to me. I get similar bumps if I eat too much chocolate.
  • May 12, 2008, 07:07 AM
    hannah_banana
    They seem to have come up a lot more today but I'm still baffeled that they don't hurt or irritate or anything.
  • May 12, 2008, 02:45 PM
    J_9
    At this point, since there are more, you should probably have them checked out by your doctor in order to rule out any infection or virus.