Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Adult Sexuality (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=370)
-   -   I'm virgin and want prevention from pregnancy (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=689447)

• Aug 1, 2012, 01:33 PM
    amnachaudhry59
    I'm virgin and want prevention from pregnancy
    I'm 21 years old and have a boyfriend
    I want to have sex with him but I don't want to be pregnant.
    Please sugest me any method
  • Aug 1, 2012, 01:40 PM
    Habsgirl3
    If you aren't ready for a child then you aren't ready for sex. There is no foolproof way to prevent getting pregnant. Birth control pills can fail and condoms can break. If you become pregnant and have a child it will take over your life and your boyfriends. You will not be able to do any further schooling and will probably end up with a minimum wage or low paying job. If you get pregnant and abort the baby it will weigh on your mind for a long time, possibly the rest of your life. Just don't risk it. Don't have sex until you are ready for a child
  • Aug 1, 2012, 01:59 PM
    amnachaudhry59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsgirl3 View Post
    If you aren't ready for a child then you aren't ready for sex. There is no foolproof way to prevent getting pregnant. Birth control pills can fail and condoms can break. If you become pregnant and have a child it will take over your life and your boyfriends. You will not be able to do any further schooling and will probably end up with a minimum wage or low paying job. If you get pregnant and abort the baby it will weigh on your mind for a long time, possibly the rest of your life. Just don't risk it. Don't have sex until you are ready for a child

Not my required answer
    Thanks 4 suggestion
  • Aug 1, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Homegirl 50
    There is no fool proof method. But birth control pills and a condom used together would be better than nothing.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Cat1864
    Quote:

Originally Posted by amnachaudhry59 View Post
    i m 21 years old and have a boyfriend
    i want to have sex with him but i dnt want to be pregnant.
    plz sugest me any method

This may not seem helpful to you but I feel like I would be remiss if I didn't ask.

May I ask what country you reside in? Your user-name and phrasing of your question have me wondering if you have fully thought through the repercussions of having sex with your 'boyfriend'.

There is more to think about than pregnancy when you decide to have sex. Have you thought this through? Did you arrive at this decision because you want sex or do you think it will be a way to keep him interested in you? If an unplanned pregnancy did occur do you think he would stand beside you? Is this the man you plan to marry? If not, would not being a virgin cause you problems later?

I am not judging you, your morals, or your decision. I only want to make certain you have thought this out and won't be back asking why he left you after having sex with you or how to hide lack of virginity from your future husband.

If you are going to be a consenting adult, please, make certain that consent is given with full knowledge of all the possibilities.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    There is no form of birth control that is 100 percent effective.

Not having sex is the only for sure.

You can use birth control pills and use condoms both, that gets you about as safe as possible, but many women still get pregnant.
    So if you have sex, you risk having a baby, it is a chance you must be willing to take.

Also of course once you have sex, you are no longer a virgin, only one time or chance on that.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 08:02 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

not my required answer
    thanks 4 suggestion

What is your "required" answer? What would you like us to tell you? The truth or something you WANT to hear?
  • Aug 1, 2012, 08:07 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

not my required answer
    thanks 4 suggestion

Sorry, but there is no other answer.

Fact is, if you have sex, even protected, even while using every form of birth control available, pregnancy is possible.

I realize that's not what you want to hear, but those are the facts. You can't change facts, no matter how much you want to.

If you have sex, you have to be prepared for pregnancy.

The only way to avoid pregnancy 100% is not to have sex.

If you want to hear lies, what you want to be told, then ask your friends. Here we tell you the facts, like it or not.

Good luck.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:13 AM
    amnachaudhry59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    This may not seem helpful to you but I feel like I would be remiss if I didn't ask.

May I ask what country you reside in? Your user-name and phrasing of your question have me wondering if you have fully thought through the repercussions of having sex with your 'boyfriend'.

There is more to think about than pregnancy when you decide to have sex. Have you thought this through? Did you arrive at this decision because you want sex or do you think it will be a way to keep him interested in you? If an unplanned pregnancy did occur do you think he would stand beside you? Is this the man you plan to marry? If not, would not being a virgin cause you problems later?

I am not judging you, your morals, or your decision. I only want to make certain you have thought this out and won't be back asking why he left you after having sex with you or how to hide lack of virginity from your future husband.

If you are going to be a consenting adult, please, make certain that consent is given with full knowledge of all the possibilities.

Yes we will marry later on
    He is much sensitive so he will not agree for condom
    Even he is not being agree
    Doing sex
    .just tell me please how to and when to take pills
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:39 AM
    tgyellow
    Quote:

i m 21 years old and have a boyfriend
    i want to have sex with him but i dnt want to be pregnant.
    plz sugest me any method

Birthcontrol and condoms are the best way to go.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:41 AM
    amnachaudhry59
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tgyellow View Post
    birthcontrol and condoms are the best way to go.

But I don't know how and when to start pills
    Before or after sex?
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:46 AM
    tgyellow
    Quote:

but i dnt know how and when to start pills
    before or after sex?

About 3 to 4 days before having sex is when u should start taking the pills.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 03:17 AM
    ScottGem
    Quote:

.just tell me plz how to and when to take pills

We cannot answer that. There are many forms of birth control medications. How you take them depends on the medication. ALL of these medications require a doctor's prescription. Therefore this is a discussion you need to have with your OB/Gyn. The previous answer is dangerously wrong.

As the others have noted, no form of birth control is 100% effective. So anytime there is penile insertion, there is the risk of pregnancy. The risk can be greatly reduced but not eliminated. However, you can be intimate and satisfy your partner without penile insertion and that is the only 100% way of avoiding pregnancy.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 05:15 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

about 3 to 4 days before having sex is when u should start taking the pills.

This information is coming from a teen who got a 15 year old girl pregnant. You should be very wary about where you get your health information from.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 06:26 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

not my required answer
    thanks 4 suggestion

The answer you "require" (100% guarantee you won't get pregnant) doesn't exist. Don't have sex. That's a guarantee.

There are people on this site who were using 2 (and I believe one was using 3) methods of birth control and STILL got pregnant.

You know so little about sex that it frightens me. You go to A PHYSICIAN and you ask what is available and best for you individually. What works for me may very well not be a good choice for you.

This part is probably also not what you "require" but your boyfriend is too sensitive for a condom (or something). What does that mean? He's allergic to latex? Then he needs to buy non-latex condoms.

And he's going to have sex with you, a virgin, and then marry you? If I had a nickel for every guy who was going to have sex with me and then marry me I'd have a whole bunch of nickels.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 06:31 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Wonder why his girlfriend is pregnant? Another good reason to check other posts before taking anyone's advice.

Of course, his other answer is just as good - when asked how not to get pregnant the answer is: "birthcontrol and condoms are the best way to go."

Duh.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 06:32 AM
    Cat1864
    Quote:

but I don't know how and when to start pills
    Before or after sex?

Amna, this tells me you know absolutely nothing about birth control and your options. Why would you wait to take a contraceptive until after you have had sex?

Talk to your doctor. Since many forms need a prescription, you would need to see your doctor to get one.

There are many forms of birth control/contraceptives. Find out what method will work best for you. Learn what makes your choice more effective or less effective. Learn about side-effects.

Understand that taking an oral contraceptive (The Pill) is not as easy as picking up a bottle and popping one in your mouth. It is (for the ones I have seen) a daily commitment whether you are having sex or not. It takes time to find the strength/type that is right for your body. It takes time for your body to adjust to them and the changes in your cycle they cause for them to be as effective as they can be. Do not expect to take the first pill and then be safe for sex later that day without any other form of protection.

Are you planning on being openly sexually active? I do not mean announcing it to the world, but not worrying about who knows you are having sex. If you have to hide your contraceptives, will you remember to take the pills daily or to keep other forms where they can be used? This is another part of deciding if you are ready for sex.

This bothers me:
    Quote:

yes we will marry later on
    He is much sensitive so he will not agree for condom
    Even he is not being agree
    Doing sex
    Does he want sex now or does he want to wait?

If he refuses to use a condom then you do not want to have sex with him. To be blunt, (if he is wanting sex) he should take part of the responsibility in doing what can be done to prevent a possible pregnancy. If he is expecting you to be the only one responsible for pregnancy prevention then he is being selfish.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Enigma1999
    I wonder if OP has asked her mother this very same question...

Doubtful.

You seem very young and extremely uneducated about sex. You really should go to your doctor and have him/her explain different forms of birth control. Nothing is 100% guaranteed.

That was my "reqired" answer regarding birth control.

Now here is MY answer regarding mr lover boy... IF he loves you and says that he wants to marry you, then MAKE HIM WAIT! If he loves you, then he will wait. After all, you two are going to get married, right?
  • Aug 2, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Enigma1999
    Quote:

Ehh, wrong answer!
  • Aug 4, 2012, 01:51 AM
    f010244
    Birth control or condoms-but neither will give you 100% guarantee.