Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Real Estate (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=276)
-   -   Names on deeds (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=748459)

• May 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
    Tracy seyffert
    Names on deeds
    I thought my husband had a share on his mum and dads mortgage but he is not on the deeds and he had life cover on the house if anything happens 2 he has past away I signed the paper
  • May 11, 2013, 01:26 PM
    JudyKayTee
    I have no idea what you just said. Your husband couldn't have life insurance that covered a mortgage if he didn't owe on the mortgage.

Is that your question?
  • May 11, 2013, 01:33 PM
    Tracy seyffert
    What I mean is would my husband be on the deeds of the because he got a loan 2 make the house bigger I don't understand
  • May 11, 2013, 01:35 PM
    ScottGem
    Usually a bank will not issue a mortgage to someone who is not on the deed. But it happens.
  • May 11, 2013, 01:36 PM
    JudyKayTee
    No, he wouldn't necessarily be on the Deed. Have you checked the Deed? Whose name is on it?

You say loan and you say mortgage - which is it?
  • May 11, 2013, 01:38 PM
    Tracy seyffert
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No, he wouldn't necessarily be on the Deed. Have you checked the Deed? Whose name is on it?

You say loan and you say mortgage - which is it?

Would be a loan would that he was not the mortgage
  • May 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
    ScottGem
    Please proofread your post before you submit. Your posts make little sense and we can't help if we can't understand the situation.
  • May 11, 2013, 01:54 PM
    Tracy seyffert
    My husband took out a mortgage on his mum and dads house I thought it would go 3 ways and he had a loan and it got cover on that if he dies it would cover the mortgage he has passed away I need help with this I don't understand what to do next

Please can u help me
  • May 11, 2013, 02:16 PM
    ScottGem
    What does "it got cover on it" mean? Do you think it took an insurance policy out to cover the mortgage balance? If so, you file a claim with the insurance company to pay the balance.
  • May 11, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Tracy seyffert
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    What does "it got cover on it" mean? Do you think it took an insurance policy out to cover the mortgage balance? If so, you file a claim with the insurance company to pay the balance.

I have done that what I need 2 know if anything happens to his mum and dad would I get any thing from or not
  • May 11, 2013, 02:38 PM
    ScottGem
    If he had insurance to pay the mortgage, then the balance of the mortgage should be paid in full. However, if his name was not on the deed, then you have no right to the property. Even if his name was on the deed, if it was as a joint tenant with right of survivorship, you still have no interest. The only way you inherit any part of the property is if he is listed as a co-owner in common, then you can inherit his share.