Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dolls (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=550)
-   -   Any information about this doll (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=824921)

• May 21, 2016, 05:23 PM
    Ashley Hick
    Any information about this doll
    I got this doll from my recently deceased mother that belong to her mother and was just wondering what she is called and much is she worth? She has porcelain arms legs and face she is dressed in old clothes I was thinking 1950's ish but not sure
  • May 21, 2016, 07:28 PM
    teacherjenn4
    Can you attach a picture?
  • May 21, 2016, 09:07 PM
    Ashley Hick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Can you attach a picture?

Here you go hope you can help
  • May 22, 2016, 05:33 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley Hick View Post
    I got this doll from my recently deceased mother that belong to her mother and was just wondering what she is called and much is she worth? She has porcelain arms legs and face she is dressed in old clothes I was thinking 1950's ish but not sure

If you are thinking l950s. You are way off. The dress is victorian in style.
  • May 22, 2016, 05:51 AM
    Ashley Hick
    Any idea what year then tickle?
  • May 22, 2016, 07:15 AM
    teacherjenn4
    Are there any marks on the feet, back, or lower part of the head/neck? Style of clothing isn't necessarily a means of figuring a doll's age. Many are dressed in period clothing as a part of a set or series.
  • May 22, 2016, 07:16 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley Hick View Post
    Any idea what year then tickle?

Victorian would be l850s on but just becausse the doll is dressed like that doesn't mean she is that old. In fact the face isn't painted like anything from that era at all and she doesn't show any signs of wear. The hair isn't at all styled victorian as well and indicates a more modern style.

What kind of body does she have ? Is it stuffed cotton ?

I cant really put a time frame on this Ashley.
  • May 22, 2016, 02:11 PM
    Ashley Hick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Victorian would be l850s on but just because the doll is dressed like that doesn't mean she is that old. In fact the face isn't painted like anything from that era at all and she doesn't show any signs of wear. The hair isn't at all styled victorian as well and indicates a more modern style.

What kind of body does she have ? Is it stuffed cotton ?

I cant really put a time frame on this Ashley.

Cotton body or soft anyway, it belonged to my grandma so I don't know if she changed clothes my mother would always say it was very old

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Are there any marks on the feet, back, or lower part of the head/neck? Style of clothing isn't necessarily a means of figuring a doll's age. Many are dressed in period clothing as a part of a set or series.

No it doesn't I have completely stripped-down the doll and could not find a thing