Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Internet & the Web (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Password history (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=318118)

• Feb 16, 2009, 02:19 PM
    john88
    Password history
    I Would like to know how I can find my old passwords from my email acount. My password history?
  • Feb 16, 2009, 02:25 PM
    john88
    Password history
    I would if someone could tell me how to find my password history for my Yahoo acount. I would like to know my old passwords??
  • Feb 16, 2009, 02:45 PM
    ScottGem

Why?
  • Feb 17, 2009, 09:58 AM
    rwinterton

Passwords are secret because no one else is supposed to know them or be able to figure them out. What you see on TV is baloney. If you don't know the password, and can't change it with whomever is holding the account, then you're out of luck.
  • Feb 19, 2009, 03:50 PM
    john88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rwinterton View Post
    Passwords are secret because no one else is supposed to know them or be able to figure them out. What you see on TV is baloney. If you don't know the password, and can't change it with whomever is holding the account, then you're out of luck.

Yes but I have the password to my account , I wanted to know if I can find the password history? The passwords I once used before.. if this is posible? Thanks
  • Feb 19, 2009, 05:33 PM
    ScottGem

Again, I ask why?
  • Feb 21, 2009, 01:44 PM
    john88

I have my Yahoo email address for 5 years or more... I changed my password about 6 times... and I need to know my old passwords... like my password history... is it possible that I can get them back? Thanks you for your help.
  • Feb 21, 2009, 02:55 PM
    ScottGem

You keep asking the same question, but you keep ignoring my question of Why?
  • Feb 21, 2009, 03:18 PM
    john88

Sorry about that , I did not understand. I need to try and find my old passwords to get into my old mail account.. I am a member with some clubs throw this. Which I used this address for.. because I changed my password so many times on my recent mail account I don't remember the password to my old one. I don't remember which one it is... I tried to answer the security question but it won't work... if I can get my password history back... I can get in. is this possible? Thank you
  • Feb 21, 2009, 04:19 PM
    ScottGem

Yahoo doesn't keep a record of past passwords. If you can't get into an account you have to try and contact them.
  • Feb 21, 2009, 05:45 PM
    john88

OK... but how do I find the password history of the account that I have at the moment... I am in my account... how do I find the passwords that I used before for this account that I am in at the moment...
  • Feb 21, 2009, 05:47 PM
    ScottGem

Again, they don't keep a history. When you change your password they don't keep track of old ones.
  • Feb 21, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Jlesnik33

If you have mozilla Firefox it keeps all that, what you have to do is go to tools on the top of the page, then options, the security, then saved passwords, then a box with pop up and click on show all passwords.