Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Family Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Teen pregnancy (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=689608)

• Aug 1, 2012, 11:22 PM
    tgyellow
    Teen pregnancy
    Hi

{Mod Note The OP originally posted a question about whether the parents of his 16 yr girl friend who he got pregnant, could keep her from seeing him. When the OP didn't get answers that he liked he edited the post to remove the original text and replace it with "hi"}
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:27 PM
    J_9
    Yes, they can since the pregnant teen is not yet considered a legal adult. This happens at the age of 18.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:33 PM
    tgyellow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, they can since the pregnant teen is not yet considered a legal adult. This happens at the age of 18.

What about in the state of Kansas? Because that is where she lives, but I live in Missouri.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
    J_9
    The legal age of adulthood is 18 in every state of the US. So it doesn't matter who is in Kansas and who is in Missouri. If she is under 18, her parents have control of her.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:36 PM
    tgyellow
    Okay, thank you.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:37 PM
    J_9
    Now, once the baby is born, they cannot keep you from your child.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
    tgyellow
    But couldn't her parents place a restraining order or something on me like that from my child?
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
    J_9
    First, I would recommend that you find out if there is a Putative Father Registry in your state and sign up for that if there is. Then I would demand a paternity test as she will, most likely, be filing for child support.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:45 PM
    tgyellow
    What if I know for a fact that I am the father of the child though? Should I still do those things you suggested?
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:47 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tgyellow View Post
    What if i know for a fact that i am the father of the child though? Should i still do those things you suggested?

How do you know for a fact? Either way, yes, you should do the things I suggested.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:51 PM
    J_9
    I have to add that you are very lucky that the age of consent in Kansas is indeed 16. So they can't prosecute you for statutory rape unless they can prove that you had sex with their daughter when she was 15. IF that happened, and they can prove it, you may be given the label of a sex offender.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:51 PM
    tgyellow
    Quote:

How do you know for a fact? Either way, yes, you should do the things I suggested.

Because I know her friends and famailly would tell me if she was cheating and I have password to everything and I trust her, I have Never caught her cheating and I keep a very close eye on her all the time, and okay.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Because i know her friends and famailly would tell me if she was cheating and i have password to everything and i trust her, i have Never caught her cheating and i keep a very close eye on her all the time, and okay.

Sounds like you are very controlling.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:56 PM
    tgyellow
    Not trying to be rude but that is not for you to judge, I asked a question and I just simply need a few good reliable answers. I'm not here to make friends, I have enough of those already...
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:58 PM
    J_9
    I'm not judging, I'm telling you facts.
  • Aug 1, 2012, 11:58 PM
    J_9
    Quote:

Not trying to be rude but that is not for you to judge, I asked a question and I just simply need a few good reliable answers. I'm not here to make friends, I have enough of those already...

I don't need friends either. Actually, I'm probably older than your own mother and have twice the experience.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:00 AM
    J_9
    Quote:

This response alone tells us adults how controlling you really are.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:01 AM
    tgyellow
    Quote:

I don't need friends either. Actually, I'm probably older than your own mother and have twice the experience.

LOL considering my mother is a prostitute and my dad is a recovering meth addict, and I live with my grandparetns, I thank you for your "kindness"
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:04 AM
    J_9
    You are very welcome. It appears that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now I understand why her parents want to keep you away from her.
  • Aug 2, 2012, 12:05 AM
    tgyellow
    Quote:

LOL considering my mother is a prostitute and my dad is a recovering meth addict, and i live with my grandparetns, i thank you for your "kindness"

And your also getting off subject and JUDGING on how controlling I supposebly am. My question has nothing to do with how controlling I am. Does it?