Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Mobile Phones (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=459)
-   -   Is it possible to hack into my mobile, and delete a lot of my messages fron my inbox (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=828784)

• Nov 15, 2016, 09:27 AM
    Alfama
    Is it possible to hack into my mobile, and delete a lot of my messages fron my inbox
    Mystery, a lot of my important messages have vanished from my inbox, My phone isn't an andriod
  • Nov 15, 2016, 09:43 AM
    Curlyben
    Yes, but then again anything is possible.
  • Nov 15, 2016, 09:52 AM
    Alfama
    Thank you CB, then I'll report it to the police
  • Nov 15, 2016, 09:56 AM
    smoothy
    Just don't expect them to do anything however. A hacker would copy them if they were of interest without deleting them....so it was less likely anyone would have noticed them there. If they got in and wasn't noticed, they could continue for some time making that approach in their best interest.

I'm guessing it was more than likely a mistake you made and didn't notice until later.
  • Nov 15, 2016, 10:13 AM
    Alfama
    Hi Smoothy, it wasn't a mistake, it was evidence to an oncoming court case
  • Nov 15, 2016, 10:19 AM
    smoothy
    I know hindsight is always 20/20 but did you take measures to back it up? If so it might be able to be recovered. I've been working with computers for 37 years... you always back up anything that's important, someway, somehow. You can back up Android stuff, you can back up Apple stuff. If its one of the older proprietary O/S phone systems you are screwed.

By backing up..I mean hard copy prints, clear video showing you displaying the material in question on the device, etc...even if you don't have full device backup capability.

I thought Apple resolved that iCloud vulnerability issue a good while back if that's what you had.

Also, with a trial...evidence should have been shared during discovery by both sides, meaning there has to be copies out there...you generally can't spring a last minute surprise.
  • Nov 15, 2016, 10:32 AM
    Alfama
    Thank you for being very informative, the phone that I use is very old, it's not Android or apple. So looks like I've screwed it up.
  • Nov 15, 2016, 11:57 AM
    smoothy
    In that case you would have had to have displayed the info, taken a photo or video of it, If we are talking Text, actual calls received ( the list of numbers, date and times) you might have your lawyer to make the request to subpoena the carrier for those records... but expect to pay for it. If you are talking voice mails... those don't reside on your phone. Those are on the carriers network and once deleted may be gone forever ( I don't think that is information they are required to maintain).
  • Nov 15, 2016, 01:22 PM
    joypulv
    Take it to a Best Buy or some place with a geek squad and ask about recovering it. It might still be there. (The police won't do anything.)