Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Cats (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=418)
-   -   My beloved cat atta died today :( (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=63250)

• Feb 15, 2007, 05:41 PM
    kashumz
    My beloved cat atta died today :(
    My beloved cat Atta was put down today due to what the vet said was cancer. :(

She wasn't very old but not very young either. She would have been 8 in late march, but she didn't make it. :(

Just making a little memorial for her on here. Hope that's okay :p

-Kashumz

[r.i.p Atta. Everyone will miss you. :(]
  • Feb 15, 2007, 06:31 PM
    shygrneyzs
    Am sorry to hear about your beloved pet, a dear part of the family. I am sure she gave you hours of enjoyment and love and I am sure you gave her the very best of homes.
  • Feb 15, 2007, 06:39 PM
    valinors_sorrow
    I am so sorry for your loss. I think a memorial here is fine. I lost a very dear Shar-Pei at the age of seven, struck down in what looked like the prime of his life by a fatal form of spinal meningitis and so I know the pain of a pet life cut short. It was a while before my grief lifted enough so I could see how fortunate I was to have the seven years I did have with him as a gift rather then the xx years I had hoped with him as a loss. I think Atta may find a worthy friend in him waiting for her as she gets there.
  • Feb 15, 2007, 10:58 PM
    robynhgl
    Sorry about Atta... love that name!

I'm sure she knew how much you love her. I honestly believe that animals go to Heaven. How could such loving creatures that bring us so much happiness not?

I hope all of the good memories that you have of her helps to mend your heart.
  • Apr 29, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Illusion
    I am so sorry about your loss. I hope you are doing better. I have had cats all my life.
  • Apr 29, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Clough
    I can definitely sympathize with you as I have had cats all of my life. So sad when they go, especially when you have to make the decision to put your pet down yourself.

If there is a place for pets in heaven, then I am sure your beloved Atta is there! :)
  • Apr 30, 2007, 02:55 PM
    kashumz
    Thanks for your support. Im doing much better now and we've even gotten a new member of the family. She's a 8 week old long hair, we named her Auni. :)
  • May 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
    mrscoltweaver
    That's great you got a new kitten-they make you laugh even when you don't feel like it!
  • May 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
    CaptainRich
    That's sad and I'm sorry. But thank you for sharing your grief with us. I, too, have a cat I love very much. She's about 8. We adopted her (she was abandonded at the apartments we used to live at) She follows me from room to room. If my feet hit the floor in the morning and she's not right there, she hears me and runs in to rub against my leg. But I know she, too, is not long for this world... we've survived an intestinal blockage awhile back. Now she gets seizures/tremors... just kind of logs out and does a little wobble kind of thing. It last a few seconds and goes away. But it happens a couple time a day. She's been this way for about a year or more... not bettter/not worse. I'll miss her when she's gone but hope that won't be for a long time...
  • May 4, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Rockabilly1955mama
    Rip Atta <3
  • May 4, 2007, 12:34 PM
    phillysteakandcheese
    I am sorry your cat friend had to go away, but she will always be watching over the one who cared for and loved her while she was here.

Your new cat friend will help you! :)
  • Jun 26, 2007, 07:56 AM
    pinknpretty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kashumz
    my beloved cat Atta was put down today due to what the vet said was cancer. :(

she wasn't very old but not very young either. she would have been 8 in late march, but she didn't make it. :(

just making a little memorial for her on here. Hope thats okay :p

-Kashumz

[r.i.p Atta. Everyone will miss you. :(]

I am so sorry about the loss you you pet. I understand fully. I believe I must let go of my my kitty too. The vet thinks he may have Cancer. He's losing it at both ends and is as skinny as Nicole Richie! I am just SICK over it, but realize it's more cruel to hang onto him. What did you do when it was time to let go?