Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Computers for Beginners (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Lexmark Printer won't Print (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=53718)

• Jan 10, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Tugela
    Lexmark Printer Won't Print
    So I installed a lexmark printer and when I send something to be printed, the printer starts, does what it should (?) which to me is printing, and then a blank page comes out. There is nothing at all on it, not even a dirty mark! When I try to print a test page it tells me it is printnig, paper feeds through, I can hear printing and then a blank page again. What is the problem. Yes, there is ink in the cartridge, because I get it on my fingers when I check the cartridge, so I need help please.
    Thanks
  • Jan 10, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Curlyben
    Lexmark has a bunch of test utilities packaged with its drivers, have you tried any of these ?

Is there any paper stuck in the printer or cartridge ?
  • Jan 10, 2007, 02:16 PM
    ScottGem
    Just a blank page or a blank page after what you wanted to print. If just a blank page did you remove the tape from the cartridges?
  • Jan 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Tugela
    No I can't see any paper stuck anywhere. Errm what are test utilities and where do I find them . Thanks

Lol yes I did remove the tape from the cartridge and what happens is... the printer starts up, the ink thingys move from side to side (to me they are printing) and then a blank page comes out... my printing is not done.
    Thanks
  • Jan 10, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Curlyben
    Check Lexmarks site Here.
    You may have to reinstall your printer again to ensure full functonality.
  • Jan 10, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Tugela
    I have installed it about 10 times already and I have been to the Lexmark site to find answers but there are none. Is it possible that the printer cable could be faulty?
  • Jan 10, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    If this is a new printer, have you changed this over to the default printer,
  • Jan 10, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Tugela
    Yes this is the default printer.
    Thanks
  • Jan 11, 2007, 06:29 AM
    ScottGem
    If a page ejects and the cartridge carrier moves, then its unlikely to be the cable. It has to be something in the ink delivery system. Make sure the cartridges are seated properly.

Is this a brand new printer? Has it ever worked? If its new, frankly I would return it (and get an HP). Lexmark has a poor cost per page rating, That's why their printers are so low cost, you pay through the nose on ink.
  • Jan 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Scouter
    Try this Shut off everything disconnect the cable from the printer to the computer.
    It is either a USB cable or a larger cable.

Hold down the top button and turn on the printer only.

It should do a self test.

If this does not work check manual for self-test

If it prints correctly then the problem is installation or cable
  • Jan 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Tugela
    Im sorry I don't understand. What top button should I hold down. Also I tried with another USB cable and still get a blank page.
    Thanks for all the help
  • Jan 20, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Ernest carr
    This is a stab in the dark but are the ink cartridges the right ones for that printer model?
  • Jan 23, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Tugela
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest carr
    This is a stab in the dark but are the ink cartridges the right ones for that printer model?

As far as I can see and I have checked these are the right cartridges and are proper Lexmark ones.
    Thanks
  • Sep 7, 2011, 03:00 PM
    CVking333
    Follow these steps. They worked for me.

1. Click on Setup.
    2. Go to Maintenance.
    3. Choose Clean Printhead, Align Printer, then Print Test Page
    4. After that try printing and it should work.
    5. If not choose Check Ink Levels to see if the ink is the problem.