Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Foster Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Foster Care (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=627731)

• Jan 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
    Alice_K
    Foster Care
    I am a thirteen year old girl and I have not felt wanted since about 3 years of age my parents split up when my mam found out she was pregnant with me. Since that point in life I have had 13 primary's 1 secondary and 18 house's, my mam moved in with her boyfriend and started taking drugs. Then she became an alcoholic and was taking it out on me from 9. At 10 years old I got sexualy abused and my mam refused to do anything about it and from that point I felt unloved and uncared for. My brother and sister moved out because of my mam and if I went to them for help they wouldn't listen and take me back home. I have ran away 15 times now and always been taken home told off and told to stay there. My school attendance is terrible and I can't concentrate from the stress at home, my mam still is taking drugs and drinking and her boyfriend is disabled and if she is in a bad way I have to look after him ( which is most the time. I have told people how I feel and I get accused of attention seeking and lying. I get bullied in and out of school, because people think I lie about what goes on. But I know I am blabbering on I just need someone's help on how to get into care so I can make life better for myself?
  • Jan 28, 2012, 02:12 AM
    AndiElaine13
    My name is andi and I am a 17 year old girl. Sweetie I know what its like to feel unwanted and unloved, and feel like you have no safe place to go, just hold on to that resentment you feel and channel it into something productive. Work harder in school maybe. Think to yourself "just because i was BORN into this life doesnt mean i am doomed into it forever. make it possible for you to create a better life for your children, and succeed where your parents failed. life sometimes hands out some raw deals, but we always need to keep our head held high and think "I am strong, I can get through this." my email address is >Removed<. Feel free to email me at any time if you need to talk... don't quit on yourself, because sometimes we have to put ourselves first because we are the only ones that do.
  • Feb 1, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Alice_K
    Thank you I just need a listener that understands and you really helped me :)
  • Feb 1, 2012, 10:05 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Are you sincerely looking to be taken from your present home and placed in foster care? Is there a relative who could take you in?

If you are being abused or mistreated or in physical or emotional danger you MUST talk to an adult who can help you.
  • Feb 1, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Alice_K
    Yes I am mistreated but talking to adults doesn't help I've been taken home so many times after telling people and just been ignored about it all.